IC Beds with respirators in Argentina

Bajo_cero2

Registered
Yesterday I found an article at Perfil about it, and sounds like a poor country like Argentina is doing well after all. Even we are close to the US, here they are coordinated and for free while I read that you get invoices of 1 million usd there:
IMG_9927.jpegIMG_9928.jpeg

Hm. I’m still not convinced Argentina is doing well after all.
Firstly, Argentina was already leading in terms of ICU beds in the region before this.
Secondly, it’s unclear if there is sufficient skilled resource to attend them all if at capacity.
Thirdly, and most importantly, most COVID successful countries avoided needing to use many of their ICU beds in the first place through successful containment and prevention measures. Once you get to occupying so many ICU beds the death toll will speak for itself as in many European countries.

Most even somewhat developed countries have free universal healthcare, the US is a strange exception and certainly no good point comparison when it comes to effective heath systems.

Indeed, but countries that had a lot of deaths like Sweden or Spain had 1/3 of the ic beds while at the US they are missmanaged.
I was reading about Carrillo who developed the plan they are using in the 1950’. He calculated that 20 bed every 100.000 inhebitabts were going to be needed for a Pandemic.

what propaganda did you read that said you get a bill of 1 million dollars in the USA?

Indeed, but countries that had a lot of deaths like Sweden or Spain had 1/3 of the ic beds while at the US they are missmanaged.
I was reading about Carrillo who developed the plan they are using in the 1950’. He calculated that 20 bed every 100.000 inhebitabts were going to be needed for a Pandemic.
The coming months will likely test the qualitative factor connected to this magic number.

The coming months will likely test the qualitative factor connected to this magic number.
There is no magic about those numbers, Carrillo who developed the sanitary system in Argentina studied at Germany and Argentina copied them. This is why both have a lot of ic beds and this comes from the experience with Spanish flu.

Back