Ideas For Ways To Get Private Students For English Teaching?

og505

Registered
Hey everyone,

I've been in BsAs for two months now and have found some work teaching English as I have a CELTA plus a little over a year's experience. I have one private student that I got through a friend and I work for a company but so far they've only managed to give me about 10 hours of work each week, saying that it's kind of a quiet season for giving lessons and I might not be able to get more until January-February.

The problem is that I really want more hours but I'm not entirely sure where to look. Last night I put up an ad on Cragslist and another ad on Mercadolibre. Besides these places, I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to look. Are there any more sites that I should check out? Or are there completely different routes I should try to find more students?

Thanks for your help!

Assuming that you're in capital federal (and not the provincia):

If you want a lot of students then get some business cards printed and leave them (with the hourly rate) with the front desk of several different companies in microcentro. Ask to see managers if possible as well. If you get a contract with a company, you'll be in luck. If you just want students here and there, make sure you tell them that.

If you work for an English teaching school and they're not giving you enough students then maybe switching schools might help? However, it is always better, and not that hard, to go out on your own and get students.

It's true about December, January & February being quiet months for English teaching. Many people go on vacation and companies end their learning cycle mid-December and restart classes in February or March. Also to get the really good teaching jobs, especially with companies, you will need to provide a factura, if you are not monotributo you will not get the better teaching jobs with large companies that will give you consistent stable work throughout the year. You can however find plenty of private students on your own if you do some legwork and get good references from your students.

Hi there -- I sent you a message. Please respond at your earliest convenience. Thanks!

Back