If You Could "import" One Thing, What Would It Be?

mmoon

Registered
In light of this potentially good news about import restrictions being lifted (although we will see how the change affects day to day life of expats), I wonder what forum members would import if they could get just one thing from outside Argentina Land.
No, you cannot import the entire Berkeley Bowl, or even just the produce section :D
I'll take the avocados...

A custom motorbike at a steal of a price unlike the overpriced stuff I see here.

If the Expats all settled in one neighborhood (say Villa Crespo) then you could get stores and restaurants that catered to your pampered tastes.

But you guys all disperse and so you only have yourself to blame.

No, you cannot import the entire Berkeley Bowl, or even just the produce section.

You can get Uruguayan beef at Berkeley Bowl (but probably not in Buenos Aires, I would guess). I usually choose the entraña.

#1. A Texas-Mex BBQ joint.
#2. Some honest, competent politicians.
#3. See bacon above
#4. See #3

In light of this potentially good news about import restrictions being lifted (although we will see how the change affects day to day life of expats), I wonder what forum members would import if they could get just one thing from outside Argentina Land.
No, you cannot import the entire Berkeley Bowl, or even just the produce section :D
I'll take the avocados...

Please don't raise false hopes...?

The WTO ruling means the following; Lifting of the requirement to Export Argentina products to be able to import goods..

NOT at all lifting the restrictions and duties on imports of certain products...! as is today

Argentina had appealed the ruling by the WTO's trade watchdog last September finding fault with Buenos Aires' rules which set unfair requirements on goods exported by partners including the United States, the European Union and Japan.

One of the most well-known examples was German carmaker Porsche, which was forced to commit to purchasing Argentinian wine and olive oil in order to get roughly 100 of its cars into the South American country.

Back