If you need a trustworth exhange place

nikad

Registered
I can hook you up with a reliable one, they are buying minimum 1.5k usd.PM me for details. I will only recommend people that have been a BAexpats member for a while and is an active poster. They are paying Xoom rate.
Nik

If they are only paying Xoom rate what would be the advantage of them over just using Xoom? (not trying to be sarcastic - I really want to know if I'm missing something). Currently the dolar informal is at 5.9 and Xoom was paying 5.6 last I checked.

imranq2 said:
If they are only paying Xoom rate what would be the advantage of them over just using Xoom? (not trying to be sarcastic - I really want to know if I'm missing something). Currently the dolar informal is at 5.9 and Xoom was paying 5.6 last I checked.
5.9 is the price it is being sold for if you want to buy, not what they are paying you if you want to sell. Although Xoom is good and I use it, you are capped to 10k pesos monthly, and it works if you have the dollars in your bank account abroad, not if you have the bills here.

nikad said:
5.9 is the price it is being sold for if you want to buy, not what they are paying you if you want to sell. Although Xoom is good and I use it, you are capped to 10k pesos monthly, and it works if you have the dollars in your bank account abroad, not if you have the bills here.

And as far as I am aware, it's only available to those with bank accounts in the U.S., correct?

bradlyhale said:
And as far as I am aware, it's only available to those with bank accounts in the U.S., correct?

Not correct. You can use a credit card as well. Go to www.xoom.com and you can sign up for an account and simulate how much it would be. It says today it's 5.63 and you can earn a credit card that you earn frequent flyer miles or points and use a promotion code to waive the $40+ in credit card fees.

Seems like the best option if you are exchanging less than 10,000 pesos.

I was looking at Ambito.com and it seemed to say you can sell dollars for 5.94 pesos: http://www.ambito.com/economia/mercados/dolar.asp. Now I admit I haven't actually sold any dollars so I may be reading it wrong and I'm sure there are some fees not included.
Btw, Xoom is NOT restricted to ARG 10,000/month. I've withdrawn more than that; you just have to show More Money a copy of your US bank statement. Although it is true that you need a US bank account.

bradlyhale said:
I think so...

I haven't used Xoom.com personally but I've talked to a few people that have. And I did sign up for an account with them. I just simulated to send funds to a friend and when I enter their information it just asks for their name and ID number and address.

It gives me the option to pay with a credit card and it doesn't even ask for any bank account information. So I'd think it's entirely possible to send funds without disclosing your bank account information. I could be wrong but it never asked me for my bank account.

Also, using the discount code of 'cruz' still zeros out ALL fees including if you use a credit card.

If anybody still needs to exchange usd, PM me.

Back