If You Were The Next President Of Argentina

If you don't change the tax system - both the structure and enforcement - nothing else will change here. I don't hear any of the candidates talking about that.

That basically means changing the entire country. It means changing the entirety of the enforcement mechanism and/or convince those that stay that they have more to lose than to gain by accepting bribes in lieu of taxes. It means convincing everyone that has taxes to pay that they have more to lose than to gain by evading taxes. It means confidence on the part of the public in the government's ability and will to govern well (and vice versa). It means changing the the culture, indeed the very fabric of society here.

At some point, the problems become systemic enough that only a true patriot and idealist would care enough to take on everything and everyone rather than just go somewhere where life is better. Frankly, I don't think the requisite changes can happen here absent a dictatorship, and even with a largely honest dictatorship (again, pipe dream) the chances of success are rather dim.

@Pensador, was your post simply to get a discussion going where you could bash Argentina and it's "dysfunctions?" Because all of your posts are like that. So far you have brought a very self-righteous and extremely non-worldly perspective to this forum.
GS

Always resist temptation ~ but never the temptation to ignore corruption!

Self righteous is that something I should not feel entitled too should I not have the human right to be right to not be corrupt. I have never sold one single $ at blue not one. Perhaps it is hard for men like you to comprehend. But comprehending men like you is not difficult for me.

“The Supreme Court has ruled that they cannot have a nativity scene in Washington, D.C. This wasn't for
any religious reasons. They couldn't find three wise men and a virgin.”
― Jay Leno

The political class, the oligarchs and their cronies want Argentina to stay the way it is. It suits them fine.

Back