Iguazu & Cafayate By Car With Dogs

bobsnowpuppy

Registered
I'm planning a 2 week car trip in August from BA to Iguazu, then over to Salta, down to Cafayate, on to Mendoza and then back to BA.  I've read the various posts - gotten good info - but what I need to know is has anyone done it with dogs and what has been the experience with hotels taking dogs.  Thanks!

I've driven to Cafayate with a dog and we had a great time. Best option is to stay in cabañas outside the center of town if you can although a few hotels accept dogs too, especially in low season. Some wineries have gardens and welcome dogs. Ring the tourist office in each place and book everything in advance.

Bob, The drive from Salta to Cafayate is unforgettable. Almost surreal ...

To Misiones use the 14. Then go down and cross to Chaco But go down by the 11 to Rosario and go to Salta by the 9 (autopista Rosario / Cordoba).
Do not cross from Misiones/Salta close to Paraguay to save some miles, the road is bad and dangerous.
The 14 is a highway. The 9 most of it.
When you go back to Mendoza you can use the 40 if you are looking for beautifull views but call Vialidad every 2 days to find out how is the road.

Back