Iguazu Falls, Are They Still Under Water?

expat2014

Registered
I have visitors from the US staying with me and they want to make the trip to the Falls. Might be the last chance ever for them to get there. I can not find any recent information as to whether the Falls are still under water. A Google search brings up lots of info from June 11 when they were impressively raging at 30 plus times the usual flow and not accessible to tourists. Anyone know if the water level has gone down enough to make the trip worthwhile? Thanks!

friends of mine were there 10 days ago
not all was open but still worth the trip especially if it is now or never!

I have visitors from the US staying with me and they want to make the trip to the Falls. Might be the last chance ever for them to get there. I can not find any recent information as to whether the Falls are still under water. A Google search brings up lots of info from June 11 when they were impressively raging at 30 plus times the usual flow and not accessible to tourists. Anyone know if the water level has gone down enough to make the trip worthwhile? Thanks!

Send them to Iberá instead - far more abundant wildlife and few tourists.

Igu
Send them to Iberá instead - far more abundant wildlife and few tourists.

Iguazu falls are surely beautiful, but I've heard of many wild animals in Ibera. Can you kayak or canoe there? Have you seen big mammals?

a trip to Iguazu isn't really about seeing wildlife, though.

Igu

Iguazu falls are surely beautiful, but I've heard of many wild animals in Ibera. Can you kayak or canoe there? Have you seen big mammals?

I have seen many capybara, a few marsh deer and possibly a maned wolf - not sure, as it was just a fleeting glimpse. The birds and the reptiles are the most interesting, though I liked the spiders as well.

You usually take a motor launch into the floating islands, where they cut the motor and pole around.

Use hashtags #iguazu #iguazufalls etc on Instagram and Twitter to get up to date information and photos of the falls.

I went to the falls last week, they weren't underwater then however a lot of the bridges are knocked out so you can't get that close which was really disappointing to me...

I went to the falls last week, they weren't underwater then however a lot of the bridges are knocked out so you can't get that close which was really disappointing to me...
Did you go to the Brazilian side too? The bridges on the Argentine side don't go all the way to the gorge anymore?
Was it freezing in the morning?
Thanks!

Back