IKEA delivery from Chile to Buenos Aires?

gemini06

Registered
is there a website or shops to buy Ikea furniture to be delivered to Buenos Aires? or how about ordering online through Chile's Ikea website and then deliver to Buenos Aires? I'm sure the Ikea store in Chile don't deliver directly but maybe ask them to a delivery company warehouse in Chile and then their service deliver to Buenos Aires? How much could be the shipping fee? not just for small stuff, possibly lots of stuff.

As I understand it the import duty is 100% plus however much it costs to get it from Chile to Argentina plus fees.
So I very much doubt it’s worth it.

Maybe Milei needs to fly to Sweden to get us an IKEA here, but I guess the Swedes aren’t that stupid.

Moving wood-based products across borders in South America is not necessarily easy. Chile is probably the most restrictive (similar regime to New Zealand, i.e. "No!"), but Argentina also applies restrictions:

is there a website or shops to buy Ikea furniture to be delivered to Buenos Aires? or how about ordering online through Chile's Ikea website and then deliver to Buenos Aires? I'm sure the Ikea store in Chile don't deliver directly but maybe ask them to a delivery company warehouse in Chile and then their service deliver to Buenos Aires? How much could be the shipping fee? not just for small stuff, possibly lots of stuff.

Carpentry isn't rocket science. Whatever furniture it is you want, somebody in Argentina is making it already or will make it for you. You just need to find the right person/business. As Che1990 says above, importing stuff is not worth the heartache.

IKEA flatpack furniture is formaldehyde-oozing particle board crap anyhow.

Carpentry isn't rocket science. Whatever furniture it is you want, somebody in Argentina is making it already or will make it for you. You just need to find the right person/business. As Che1990 says above, importing stuff is not worth the heartache.

IKEA flatpack furniture is formaldehyde-oozing particle board crap anyhow.
There are good carpenters here, we dealt with two, one for a bed (real wood), and another for a fitted kitchen (MSF). The wood the bed carpenter uses is unfamiliar to me, Guatambú or Peteribí for example, but it looks very nice. If @gemini06 is looking for someone who works / delivers in Zona Norte, ping me.

Back