Il Gatto La Recova: Basura, Garbage food

chris

Registered
Went to La Stampa in La Recova at 9 PM w/o reservation. Space only in smoking section (couldn't believe there was a smoking section!). Left, crossed street to Il Gatto. This place replaced a mediocre Spanish restaurant that had been there for years. Pizza at Il Gatto was the worst I have ever had - dense crust, cheap, cheap cheese. Overcooked and hard to eat. Real garbage. Place was full though. Cheap by La Recova standards, A waste of money. Avoid this dump.

I would post this on their facebook page. Nobody should go out to dinner and be served inedible food however this happens all to often in Buenos Aires. There is a facebook page called Il Gatto Trattorias - give it to them good!

Il Gatto is shit, anywhere you put it.

Next time, give Juana M. a try. Accross the street, down the stairs. On Pellegrini.

Its funny to see how the Argentinians work anti-cyclical: when times get harder, clients less, money in the hands of people less, the service and quality also get worse!!!! In other parts of the world it works the other way around! Service and quality of the food has dropped significant the last few year, really a shame!!!

Funny you mention Il Gatto.

I had my worst experience at Il Gatto in Puerto Madero.

That was about 5 years ago, the waiter was very rude. When bringing the bill, he told me in English "the tip is not included" (kind of thing I really like to hear... Like "you seem to be like a cheap guy", lol).

When he brought back the change, everything was place inside those kind of slips and he had placed part of the money deep at the bottom of the slip!

I don't remember how much I left exactly but that was not much.

Too bad for the guy, I usually always leave 10%

That place has been historically horrible!

Iznogud said:
Il Gatto is shit, anywhere you put it.

Next time, give Juana M. a try. Accross the street, down the stairs. On Pellegrini.

Juana M. has a good salad bar too.

Back