Illy Espresso

Luis.1966

Registered
Hello everyone!

We will be moving Argentina and the all important coffee question has come up. We have a illy Francis Francis espresso machine that works with illy pods (not the same thing as nespresso). Does anyone know if they're available in argentina?

Thanks!

Luis

I've seen them before here, but I don't recall if I have recently. The problem is that even if they are here now, you don't know a) how fresh they are or B) how long the supply will last. You've heard about the import restrictions we've had for about a year? If you are big coffee people you may want to find an alternative. That being said, you don't have to go too far to find a cafe with the Illy sign. There is one by my house, "Delicious" on Laprida a block up from las Heras, that does a great job. Lots in Recoleta and Palermo. Good luck!

I am fairly sure I did see the Illy pods recently, but please don't quote me on it.
Either try the Carrefour on Salguero & Alcorta (Alcorta Shopping, Paseo Alcorta), there are small speciality stands of import foods near the produce section. They also sell the Illy beans at of course tremendously high prices. I know the recent prices in Italy and naturally they are much higher here.
Also try Establecimiento General de Café, www.estcafe.com.ar, Av. Pueyrredón 1529 (at Beruti). They appear on the higher end of shops, if they don't have them possibly they know where to find them.
Can also take a peek in Jumbo near Av Intl Bullrich.
If you have no luck, I can let you know of maybe a couple other spots to try.
From all the browsing around, I swore I saw them somewhere.

To add: if I happen to see them in the meantime, before you move, I'll update this thread & send you a PM in case you miss it.

Good luck.

Safest bet is none of that stuff is imported anymore AND/OR the price is silly.

Used to frequent the Illy café at La Plaza and they served regular coffee from El fundador/Cabrales or similar.

The Illy logo in some caffees walls is now there for decoration,

Back