I'm Sick. Where Can I Get Cold Medicine?

PhilipDT

Registered
I went to the pharmacy last night looking for something simillar to Robitussin or Nyquil and I could not seem to communicate what I wanted, in the end I walked away with some generic tylenol :cool: Does anybody know what some Argentine equivalents would be?

Are you looking for cough medicine or bad cold medicine? For bad colds Refrianex Compuesto seems to work fine ( that is what my husband prefers here, in the US he would go with Nyquil )

http://alfabeta.net/...roducto&id=9252

They will sell it w/o prescription.

Robitussin used to be available, not anymore though.

Thanks, hopefully I can find something without acetaminophen, otherwise I'll try to buy that.

You can ask for generic things like "jarabe para el resfriado" (cold syrup) or ask for something related to your symptoms... cough suppressant, decongestant, etc. The pharmacist usually can make recommendations.

They sell Vick's vapor rub here, but not Nyquil. At least not under the Nyquil name... maybe this is similar, but I've never tried it or seen it.
http://www.vick.com.ar/productos-para-la-gripe-y-la-tos/vick-44-exp/

I feel your pain mate!
Some of the worst colds/flu I've had have been here and they're damn hard to shake off as I know right now.
I usually like to crawl into a pharmacy when thus afflicted and just feign death.
That usually gets their attention and no words are needed ;)

I would just 'man up' a bit, take some pain killers get some rest.

I like to make a strong 'tea' from ginger lemon and honey with a few paracetamol chucked in for luck.

Failing that down some rum.

Hope your feeling better soon!

There is a generic antibiotic for respiratory infections they sell in the chemist here....not sure its a good idea but my wife swears by it! Cant for the life of me remember the name.

I would love to know the Nyquil equivalent here too. Nothing I've found here so far is anywhere near as effective for relieving cold symptoms. Please let me know if you find a generic equivalent here.

For me I've found that my allergies make me much more susceptible to catching colds. To prevent allergies, I always used Flonase in the US. Here Flonase is available, but I use a much cheaper alternative: Lidil Cort Fluctisona. It doesn't actually work quite as well as Flonase, but I increase the dosage a bit to compensate. It's a topical nasal steroid spray, so of course the effect is not immediate. It's taken daily to prevent allergies and it begins to work after a week or so. In my experience it lessens the number of colds I catch, and also the duration of being sick.

Hot Whiskey, good nights sleep and you'll be grand!!! : )

Back