IMF o FMI: we are back!

rickulivi

Registered
I am in finance, and have dual citizenship US-Argentine , so my friends from the IMF or FMI called me to ask if they should lend money to Argentina. Noooo, I said, Those people never repay. Then I remembered that I own some Argentine bonds, so I quickly called them back and told them: Yes, lend them whatever they need. These Macri boys are different, I said. Then I discovered a truth that surprised me: at my age of 68 I realized I have become a liar just to protect my selfish interest. Shame on me!

Later my Argentine friends called and asked me about the consequences of Trump's latest decisions. I told them I have started learning how to grow my own vegetables, how to purify water, and how to make fire. Tough times are facing too many of us.

Old guys need a payday too. i lost alot of money on the last 2 republican presidents. 1986..2006. i am setting in cash waiting for the third one to create buying opportunities. eat the popcorn and watch the movie

jcb continued... i am a registered republican. bill clinton was handed a primed economy and stayed out of the way. end result, balanced debt. trump was handed a primed economy and is not working to balance the debt but add to it. today’s actions show he has no concept of what a protectionist economy does in todays world. i use argentina as an example when trying to explain to those less traveled to no avail. love argentina for all its faults, really embaressed by trumps lack of knowledge. the funny story of the week was denise rodman giving kim un a copy “the art of the deal” when trump was elected. can’t wait to see how this works out. mis dos centavos

The USA deserves Trump they asked for it let them have it he so reminds me of Hugo but a different breed. He is a truly sick man but when you are sick in the head you have no way of knowing how sick you are.

thanks pensador. its really hard watching it and even harder living with such a divided group. what crazy, is it’s not always swg. educated people when benefiting, support really bad behavior and don’t understand the long term effects. really sorry for young people, trying to work to payoff college debt, support a family, and save for retirement. pobresito

I've always dreamed to have my very own villa miseria, looks like i might get that dream, plenty of land to build a shanty town and plenty of cattle to.... well... invite to a bbq...:p( of course not my cattle)

Trump es tramposo. my new song....tramposo.. trumposo no regresa la casa blano.. tramposo trumposo tu ere estupido.. tramposo trumposo tu mientas. tramposo trumposo tu pasas tiempo con prision en futura. after a glass of wine i think thats funny. microphone on stage. good night

mc kenna. be patient. we can add new verses to the song and you can live the dream. tramposo trumposo tu reciebes dinero sucia de russiaaaaaa

https://fpif.org/the_imf_and_argentinas_spiraling_crisis/

This aricle from 2001 is very interesting as it has many parallels with today . The foreign debt that Argentina has now is much larger now in 2017 and of course the interest paid to bond holders back then was 14% now 40% . For those who says this time is different I suggest they read this article and comment

Interesting read. As I recall back when that happened Arg had like 3 or 4 presidents within a week and then it was K time and here we are again perhaps. Lets hope not. I talked to my wife about this and she just shrugs her shoulders and says this is Argentina.

Back