Immigration checks on work visas

fifs2

Registered
This week we received a surprise visit to the office from Immigration officials who wanted to meet all our staff and check their IDs and immigration status. We believe this was precipitated by a recent visa sponsorship we have made for a new expat employee. Once all was checked, including company statutes etc they left happy...We have had expat employees (en blanco) since 2002 and I can tell you this is the first ever instance of this type of check and follow-through....the binds are tightening!

Thanks for the heads-up! Related question: Is a Precaria and a CUIL still legal for work here? It's been awhile since I checked. Thanks!

No, I promise. Our company here is new, so I'm paying attention.

jb5 said:
No, I promise. Our company here is new, so I'm paying attention.

Just kiddin'...we're 9 years and going, 40+ employees, less than 10% of which is expat so it was really strange that they were so thorough in checking we are a legit business offering legit work as theyve never done any checks on the 8 or so expats we've had employed...what worries me is that even being whiter than white you never feel safe running your business here (as David Gelnn will attest 10 fold). In many other parts of the world doing the right thing, being legal, paying your taxes offers some sort of security..not so here...we have a smiliar office setup in Brazil and have never had any of the checks or scares we're subject to in Bsas and everyone warned us that Brazil was a much tougher business climate, NOT!

Back