Import / Export

AkBill

Registered
I know there is threads about this already but they are pretty old, so maybe some new people have come along... Does anyone work in importing / exporting stuff ? Do you have any experiences to share?

I have an allright job but it's 90 % over the internet and some days it's like my head is going to explode like a watermelon run over by a truck.. then I drift off fantasizing about the exotic world of import/export ;)

I met an aussie guy in China once, he owned a wood mill in Australia and travelled the world selling wood to foreign companies to import and turn into cheap furniture, something like this would be a really cool job I think.

Hi AkBill
Yes, exporting and Importing has its draw backs but also its fun side. I deal with Arts and Antiques as well as Special like Collectibles from this part of the World, Argentina, and Chile and sometimes even Uruguay and Paraguay. I have always found it that as time goes by, our local governments make it a more controlled and new regulations usually makes it every day a bit more difficult and complicated, adding expenses on the final price of any shipment, but, still it’s an outstanding idea as well as a good excuse for one for travelling. I travel thanks to this, ……… as my customers collect any number of strange objects and all come in different seizes!

I have exported old steam engines, to fine art to old furniture as much as junk as pieces over 100 years old. From as small as a cigarette case to as many items that fill full 40 feet containers!

As to your idea of ”wood” , yes, I gave also just started to look into that, rules and regulations fill up any amount of web pages but all the same there is a great potentiality behind this idea. So behind some other exotic fruits and drinks that are made in this parts of the world,…….

Chat anytime, Bob Frassinetti. Travelling around Argentina and Chile for Arts and Antiques, ...

AkBill said:
I know there is threads about this already but they are pretty old, so maybe some new people have come along... Does anyone work in importing / exporting stuff ? Do you have any experiences to share?

Expensive and a huge headache. That's my advice. On a small scale, more easily done. Major scale - uffff. Get yourself a good lawyer that can walk you through the process and be prepared for huge costs. And dealing with the rules.

I always tell this story - had some friends come here and buy custom boots. Price per pair was about $300 dollars - a bargain. However, to ship 1 pair of boots after they were finished to the US was $150 dollars. :eek:

For a brief insight on the current exporting process in Argentina, that will allow our readers to better understand the times and requirements in exporting from Argentina to the world. Press and GO to this LINK

As to shipping, research is best First and Foremost! To say it’s expensive, point is taken! Boots where made for walking and that’s what they’ll do, so search and search before you go in as a business!

Attachments

• 297398178_50e93c397c_t.jpg
    297398178_50e93c397c_t.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 12
Back