Important update for renewing visa rentista y cambio a permanente!

steveinbsas

Registered
I just read this in another forum:

"I have a friend who was on his 4th renewal to turn "permanent". Immigrations turned him down saying that he needed to be in Argentina for 18 of the past 36 months. I've never heard of this rule before, but maybe it was always there, it just wasn't a concern for us because we have always lived here full time."

A few months ago someone (perhaps on of the attorneys) posted that migraciones was "requiring" six months presence in Argentina per year for renewals of the visa rentista. It looks like this rule is "retroactive" for the cambio to permanente.

Well, it is arbitrary and illegal. It can be claimed at court and you win it because as I posted in the thread about citizenship (prosecutor´s opinion), foreigners who live here, like Argentinians, have the right to travel with no restrictions.

In this country, every time there is a procedure that you can do without a lawyer, you are in troubles.

But this is a rule here too that when they make every thing too complicated and they invent ridiculous para-legal rules, that´s because they want to be bribed.
Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
But this is a rule here too that when they make every thing too complicated and they invent ridiculous para-legal rules, that´s because they want to be bribed.
I like when you lay out the unwritten, informal laws, BC2 - coíma, coíma, coíma :D

Back