Impossible To Get Credit Card Replacement

polostar88

Registered
Just so you know, this is impossible, at least for Amex. They no longer deliver replacements to Argentina, nor can you pick up one from the Amex office. Furthermore the customer service for Amex has declined in quality and they will mislead you (some don't even know where or what Buenos Aires is) and you will only find out after many tries that this is not possible.

Apparently DHL has also canceled its services to Argentina because of the retarded regulations of this retarded govt.; nor can I have someone forward it to me from the US. I really don't know of another place that really doesn't allow you to receive mail from abroad. (Please don't tell me to go to Retiro and wait 3 hrs in line).

If anyone has any suggestions would be nice to hear them. Maybe the boat to Colonia and have it delivered to a hotel there or something.

I had my wallet stole years ago and I had a Czech visa card
I had to pay an "import tax" on the plastic with my name on it!
Go figure! Like the rest of the crap that happens almost ONLY here!

What you want to do is switch the address on file with your banks, credit card issuers, brokerage services and so on to a mail forwarding service. Those mail forwarding services give you a street address under your name. So for Amex it would look like your new residential address. The forwarding company will email you when they have new mail for you and you can have them scan it and/or forward it to wherever you want. Works well. Google it or search in the forum here. I personally had a good experience with mailboxforwarding.com but there are many others.

What you want to do is switch the address on file with your banks, credit card issuers, brokerage services and so on to a mail forwarding service. Those mail forwarding services give you a street address under your name. So for Amex it would look like your new residential address. The forwarding company will email you when they have new mail for you and you can have them scan it and/or forward it to wherever you want. Works well. Google it or search in the forum here. I personally had a good experience with mailboxforwarding.com but there are many others.

Yes I can also have someone from the US just send it to me after accepting it on my behalf. But the point is this is a huge hassle and I'm not in the mood to waste a day waiting in line at Retiro post office. This is all retarded.

Yes I can also have someone from the US just send it to me after accepting it on my behalf. But the point is this is a huge hassle and I'm not in the mood to waste a day waiting in line at Retiro post office. This is all retarded.

Bienvenido!!!

I understand your frustration but I also want to express my political correctness in saying that the *r word is really not appropriate in this instance...

I use such a service, have for 8 years, with no problems up until now, except when I tried to send something in the shipment that was customs sensitive. At that point, you don't go to Retiro, you go to Ezeiza. In some ways it's worse, if not simply for the long haul out there, and then to find your missing something you need to get the property out.

I have never had problems with papers and bank items. Not a one. Delivered to my door, usually the next day, if not the day after.

However.

I'm a bit worried because a friend of mine, who uses the same service I do, recently had his mail sent by that service via USPS, which goes into Correo Argentina instead of being couriered to your door. It takes a little longer and if it's paper (and/or bank cards) it will probably go through fine. Always a possibility you might have to go to Retiro, yeah.

But my friend is a penny-pincher. Not in a bad way, just frugal. But he bought the cheapest service they have. I figured his issue was related to the level of service he bought. My service has always sent via DHL.

Now I see polostar talking about DHL pulling its services? I hadn't heard that yet. That's a little spooky. I'd hope that my level of service would change over to FedEx or something - I find it hard to believe that no one is going to courier into Argentina.

I use USABox, BTW.

I have received many bank cards and other mail that way to my door without any problems. I usually let my mail forwarding service send via USPS priority so it can be tracked. Only once I had to go to AFIP in the local post office because it was a package that contained a box of checks that the bank had sent me for a new account. I guess it looked like something that could be tax relevant.

Back