Improved Security In Bsas?

John.St

Registered
Security Secretary Sergio Berni announced today, that next week 350 new patrol cars will be out in the streets of the City [of BsAs] "not to replace the existing cars but to double the patrol system."

http://www.buenosair...security-crisis

I think he touched on the real problem. The justice system is completely broken, there people they do arrest, most of them don't end up going to jail and those who do are out in a second and back on the streets committing crimes!

Smoke and mirrors.
Honest citizens don't need all that fancy technology. The people demand only that current laws be respected and enforced.
Crime does pay for the little criminals, until that is fixed no amount of technology is going to protect and serve us chickins.

How long until we discover the fancy patrol cars have too many circuit boards that are irrepleaceable, likely already outdated and discontinued and the fleet is canibalised for parts in no time. Who is going to send these robocop looking sputniks to a firefight anyways? Too easy to spot and to fragile to use in the frontlines. Rather put the bullet-proof materiels on the regular patrol ars than these ass-clown meter maid/ticket dispensers.

Hitech designed only to collect parking tickets.

There is plenty to do with what it's already available, starting with police instruction, training and practice. Hardware does not replace software needed solutions.

Small point....we arrived in BA end of July last year....for months...these forums were full of scary stories....and for the last few months...close to none have been reported in here. Don't make me say BA is safer...it's just a comment...not on the security....but on the fact that it seems to be way less reported on these forums than it was few months ago....

It's called summer holidays. The "action" has moved elsewhere. "Work" is currently still at those get-away resorts.
It will resume shortly. Don't you worry about that.

I may be in the minority here, but I feel safer in Buenos Aires than in the US, where the amount of firepower available to the delincuentes is utterly out of control. I mean, I wouldn't stroll through La Boca at 3 a.m., and I do stay aware of my surroundings, but there are no drivebys with AK 47s in Bs As.

Back