In Desperate Need Of A New Obstetrician Asap! Please Read!

Vagrant Violet

Registered
Hello, everyone,

As some of you may already know, I am almost 18 weeks pregnant with my first baby (about 4 full months along). Last Wednesday, my husband and I went to our obstetrician, who I had been seeing throughout my pregnancy. We were his very last appointment of the day, and toward the end of our appointment, he said, "Oh, just so you know, I will be attending a congreso at the time of your expected due date (April 17, 2013), so I will not be able to deliver your baby, and you will need to find another obstetrician."

I nearly shat myself right then and there, because of course this first pregnancy has been scary for me and I am experiencing the unknown in a country/language that is not my own. Our obstetrician (let's call him "Dr. F") gave us a single name of a doctor who he knew who was "great" who would be willing to see me "sobre turno" (because some doctors may not take me on since I am so far along in my pregnancy). To make a long story short, the earliest that I could have gotten in to see this guy sight-unseen to put all my eggs in one basket was Dec. 10, when I would have been 5 full months along. He practices at our clinic 2 hours a WEEK (the other places are too far out, like Pilar. My husband and I don't have a car). I had to put up a fight with the front desk to try to meet this guy for a few random minutes just to see his face and talk to him (no exam), but I'll be "on standby."

I've been trying to get over the shock and indignation of being dropped like a hot potato. I totally got the rug pulled out from under me in the worst way.

Please, this is super-important for me: If you are male or female,expat or local, it doesn't matter, I need personal recommendations for an obstetrician who meets the following:

1. Will be willing to take on a brand new client at 18+ weeks along
2. Accepts OSDE 210 (although I am willing to increase to 310 just to give myself more options)
3. Practices as close to Nunez as possible- Because of my full time job, it's very complicated for me to travel too far.
4. Has sufficient practicing hours in the late afternoon and beyond (at least after 5pm, because of my job).
5. Is someone that you personally know (or know of) who is recommendable and has positive reviews. At this point, I CANNOT take any chances and pull names out of a hat!
6. Will hopefully be able to get me in ASAP!

Nice, but not necessary:

1. General knowledge of English/open mind to non-native Spanish speakers (my Spanish is fine, but sometimes since I am dealing with very specific vocabulary, at least someone who will be patient and help me out if I have to describe a word or even draw a picture of it)
2. Can deliver at Sanatorio de la Trinidad San Isidro (the hospital where I would ideally like to give birth)

PLEASE- I would be very appreciative for any leads and/or recommendations!

Thank you for reading.

Sorry to hear about your predicament. I can highly recommend my ob-gyn, Dr. Guillermo Lodeiro, I had my son at Trinidad Palermo, so I know he works with that hospital group. Don't know about the OSDE as I had international cover and therefore paid and claimed back after. I suggest calling him, I'm sure he will offer advice if he doesn't fit your requirements. Santa Fe 2534 - 1° "B". Localidad: Capital. Teléfono: 5778-8001 / 8004

Hello, everyone,

As some of you may already know, I am almost 18 weeks pregnant with my first baby (about 4 full months along). Last Wednesday, my husband and I went to our obstetrician, who I had been seeing throughout my pregnancy. We were his very last appointment of the day, and toward the end of our appointment, he said, "Oh, just so you know, I will be attending a congreso at the time of your expected due date (April 17, 2013), so I will not be able to deliver your baby, and you will need to find another obstetrician."

I nearly shat myself right then and there, because of course this first pregnancy has been scary for me and I am experiencing the unknown in a country/language that is not my own. Our obstetrician (let's call him "Dr. F") gave us a single name of a doctor who he knew who was "great" who would be willing to see me "sobre turno" (because some doctors may not take me on since I am so far along in my pregnancy). To make a long story short, the earliest that I could have gotten in to see this guy sight-unseen to put all my eggs in one basket was Dec. 10, when I would have been 5 full months along. He practices at our clinic 2 hours a WEEK (the other places are too far out, like Pilar. My husband and I don't have a car). I had to put up a fight with the front desk to try to meet this guy for a few random minutes just to see his face and talk to him (no exam), but I'll be "on standby."

I've been trying to get over the shock and indignation of being dropped like a hot potato. I totally got the rug pulled out from under me in the worst way.

Please, this is super-important for me: If you are male or female,expat or local, it doesn't matter, I need personal recommendations for an obstetrician who meets the following:

1. Will be willing to take on a brand new client at 18+ weeks along
2. Accepts OSDE 210 (although I am willing to increase to 310 just to give myself more options)
3. Practices as close to Nunez as possible- Because of my full time job, it's very complicated for me to travel too far.
4. Has sufficient practicing hours in the late afternoon and beyond (at least after 5pm, because of my job).
5. Is someone that you personally know (or know of) who is recommendable and has positive reviews. At this point, I CANNOT take any chances and pull names out of a hat!
6. Will hopefully be able to get me in ASAP!

Nice, but not necessary:

1. General knowledge of English/open mind to non-native Spanish speakers (my Spanish is fine, but sometimes since I am dealing with very specific vocabulary, at least someone who will be patient and help me out if I have to describe a word or even draw a picture of it)
2. Can deliver at Sanatorio de la Trinidad San Isidro (the hospital where I would ideally like to give birth)

PLEASE- I would be very appreciative for any leads and/or recommendations!

Thank you for reading.

I searched the OSDE site for Obs in your area and sent you a list of 4 by PM...hope it helps...one is a Centro Medico and I recommend you to go there and explain your predicament. Most centes open to 8pm at least. Best of luck.

Sorry to hear about this shock news! I would highly recommend my last obstetrician, Dr Clara Veretilne. I went to her offices in the centre but I know she has other offices around. I found her through OSDE so she's in their list.
If you can't find anyone closer to you, this woman was really wonderful. I appreciated her very down to earth and pragmatic approach to everything. If you tell the receptionists when you ring that it is an emergency appointment because you're pregnant and need to find an obstetrician they normally schedule you in for the next week. If you just ask for an appointment they'll give you one a month or two out.
You know that there are lots of mums and mums-to-be on this forum, don't hesitate to ask us for anything!! :)

Hey Lauren, I can recommend you to my obstetrician, I had my baby with him last year and he has been my Dr. for the last 15 years. His office is in Nunez, he works with OSDE and I believe he works with Trinidad. He does not speak English but he is highly knowledgable, His appointments are never on time because he devotes to his patients and delivers all babies himself along with his wife who is a midwife. PM me if interested. I don't think he will have any issues taking you at 18 weeks, as a matter of fact I had never heaard sucj retarded thing...

Be careful who you choose and make sure that your insurance will cover everything. My sister in law was expected to pay up front and later reimbursed by the insurance because the doctor Hospital Trinidad assigned to her preferred to do it like that. (She went to the hospital first instead of choosing the doctor.) She didn't seem overly pleased with him, so I cannot make a recommendation.

I can recommend Diego Lange or his daughter Jimena. She did a few months as a resident obstetricdian here in Houston, and was highly respected, and fluent in English

Sorry to hear that, I had the same problem and I was 7 months pregnant! I also have a C section and I wanted a natural birth so my list of doctors was even smaller. I have Omint so I dont't know if she takes Osde however, I can give you hope, I found a great doctor after all!!! Her name is Dra. Alejandra Macias

My suegro is an OB. I will call him and see if he is taking new patients and send you an email :)

We changed OBs several times, and didn't settle with one until we were at about 5 months. First OB insisted on cesarean second was lovely but difficult to get hold of so we kept looking until we found someone happy to do things naturally and was available when we needed to see her.

Can recommend these two, both work with OSDE 210 and are fairly near Belgrano. I'd recommend you bump up to 310 during your pregnancy, seems to make quite a big difference.

Dra. Pérez Macri, Silvia
Virrey Arredondo 2429 1°
Belgrano - Colegiales
4788-1333/1666
Idiomas: Inglés, Alemán

Dra Carina Nervegna 4788 5462 / 4784 7174

Back