In Desperate Need Of Help.

moving_wind

Registered
Hi all

I want to move to Buenos Aires , i have been there before a few days and i really enjoy it and i found it to be my happy place. I am young and i have no commitments here back home. I am situationally depressed that i feel i am at breaking point. I want to try something new as my life here is really crap in every possible aspect and no matter what i do it cant change. I have no one here basically, not even family and the country i live in is going to the dogs.I am such a hard working person but no one wants to give me a chance, It seems to be all about who you know than what kind of person you are and what you are capable of doing.

Anyone have any suggestions what i could do it get in Buenos aires and find a job i am so hardworking , I am willing to give 102% for my job any job? My current situation here cannot be any worse anywhere else.

What would you do if you were in my situation? :(

If I were in your situation I might think of another place than Argentina.

You stated: "It seems to be all about who you know than what kind of person you are and what you are capable of doing."

Often, to really get ahead here, it's all about who you know and not so much who you are and what you're capable of doing. Argentina is not exactly a meritocracy, but rather a connectedocracy. If you are already unhappy in your homeland for these reasons, I don't think Argentina is going to help you, unless you want to come here to party and lose yourself in that way.

Living here for any kind of extended time is completely different than coming here for a few days now and then and enjoying life as a tourist with few cares. I'm not against people coming to Argentina, but if you are already situationally depressed because you can't get ahead there, I don't think this is necessarily the place for you. There's a reason why Argentina has a world-wide record of the most shrinks per capita and a large percentage of the population goes to see one...

You stated: "It seems to be all about who you know than what kind of person you are and what you are capable of doing."

Often, to really get ahead here, it's all about who you know and not so much who you are and what you're capable of doing. Argentina is not exactly a meritocracy, but rather a connectedocracy. If you are already unhappy in your homeland for these reasons, I don't think Argentina is going to help you, unless you want to come here to party and lose yourself in that way.

Living here for any kind of extended time is completely different than coming here for a few days now and then and enjoying life as a tourist with few cares. I'm not against people coming to Argentina, but if you are already situationally depressed because you can't get ahead here, I don't think this is necessarily the place for you. There's a reason why Argentina has a world-wide record of the most shrinks per capita and a large percentage of the population goes to see one...

Spot on, El Queso. I wish things were different here but it's all about knowing the right people. If you don't know them, it's all about learning who they are and getting to know them. I was born outside BA and I haven't found it easy in BA.

I'm not sure picking up and moving to another country because "here it's all about who you know" is the right decision. The same could be said about any country. Why don't you give us more details about what type of work you're looking for? Is your problem mainly concerned with work? Or with social life and friends? Have you been to the coffee chats?

What would you do if you were in my situation? :(

Learn how to write a resume which includes detailed information about your education and experience and proofread everything you write, including forum posts (especially if you don't want others to assume you are a troll).

PS : If I was in your situation, I would also avoid using exp<b></b>ressions like "happy place" and "situationally depressed." Nor would I try to improve that situation by saying that I was at the "breaking point." No one is going to give you a job (or a chance) just because they feel sorry for you and have no idea what you are actually "capable of doing."

I'm not sure picking up and moving to another country because "here it's all about who you know" is the right decision. The same could be said about any country. Why don't you give us more details about what type of work you're looking for? Is your problem mainly concerned with work? Or with social life and friends? Have you been to the coffee chats?

any work really, i do not mind and never will, it has nothing to do with work or social life and friends my country situation and family.All i want is any opportunity , i will pay it foward eventually

Living here for any kind of extended time is completely different than coming here for a few days now and then and enjoying life as a tourist with few cares. I'm not against people coming to Argentina, but if you are already situationally depressed because you can't get ahead there, I don't think this is necessarily the place for you. There's a reason why Argentina has a world-wide record of the most shrinks per capita and a large percentage of the population goes to see one...

Other people have done it. So your telling me that they only did it by knowing someone? you knew someone?

Back