In need of a job

GalV86

Registered
Hello people, I have been here for a month now and not much luck finding jobs, I am on a tourist visa and am looking for any kind of job, nothing specific and am looking for companies which provide Work visa sponsorship. If anyone could point me to the right direction I would very much appreciate. Thanks :)

GalV86 said:
Hello people, I have been here for a month now and not much luck finding jobs, I am on a tourist visa and am looking for any kind of job, nothing specific and am looking for companies which provide Work visa sponsorship. If anyone could point me to the right direction I would very much appreciate. Thanks :)

Hi GalV86. While it seems you are earnest in your desire to seek a job, you might want to consider redefining your request for employment opportunities to something a bit more specific, which is, unfortunately, the contrary to what is your non-specific search. We can tell that your english writing skills are good, but what more might you have in terms of employable skills? While I have yet to hear of a company here that provides random tourists with employment opportunities, in the event that one does exists it could be beneficial if they know a bit more about how they could employ you.

Just my humble thoughts.

Best of luck.

A lot of the IT companies are usually willing to sponsor visas...If you have any IT skills, you could apply to IBM, Reuters (opened an IT office last year), HP, etc. They always hire bilingual staff. I think they have project-manager type positions too...

Hey nehalecky how are you? I liked your reply, I agree with you and I will tell you the reason for my being non-specific. What I actually meant was any job that does not require an academic degree since I do not have one yet. I only finished high school in Canada and a technical certificate (PC technician). The only skill I could say I have apart from computer repairs is being trilingual. I know English and French at the mother tongue level, Hebrew (Useless) and am currently self-learning Spanish (I learned 3 years in highschool but forgot most and am now self-learning which is possible for me since it is often similar to French). So there you have it, this is all I currently have to offer until I start studying in univeristy which I plan to do but not right now. So what I mean by nonspecific jobs it would be something that does not require a degree but does require language skills and I am aware that most people would point me to the direction of English teaching which also requires a TEFL certificate which I do not detain. As you can see my situation is not the best, I am currently in Buenos Aires and can still remain here for 5-6 more months without working but that is not what I wish to do. Anyways thank you for bringing the issue to my attention, I think it was a little bit more specific this time but then again I don't have alot of skills to offer apart from languages and technical abilities which I assume alot of expats have that so I don't really have an edge here lol.

Ashley, hello how are you? Yes for now one company called me but I mistakenly erased the voicemail (smartphone + cheek touching number 3 = Message erased) and a second one was Oracle which is a not an unpopular company, she seemed to be very interested but then came the question: What is your status? I told her: I have all my documents ready for a visa but currently I am on a tourist visa so she replied: Oh sorry, we do not provide sponsorship... There is only ONE company which I have found that actually does advertise the fact that they sponsor since they talk about how it is to work in Argentina and how to get the documents for the Visa and that company is 5CA (For anyone looking at this thread and looking for a job to get by) http://www.5ca.com/
This company, although I have all they require which is languages and experience in call center jobs, has not replied to my CV as of yet since a month ago so I guess they are not interested. I am applying to IT companies through Bumeran but still awaiting, I think they are mostly willing to hire software engineers and high class staff but I will keep trying. Thank you for the tip :)

you have to keep calling them here in Argentina,hound them until you get a response,believe me you have to...good luck

Hey, good luck with the job hunting, and if 5ca ever call back would love to hear your experiences with the new Call of Duty coming out.

Are you interested in *anything* I.T. related, or only computer repair?
Although I work for a non-Argentine company and can't really give you a foot in the door, I'm happy to give you some pointers on the industry (my experience is more or less solely in software / web apps development since late 90's)

PM me if you wanna chat
and good luck in BA, hope it works out!

hey! theres this page that can help you,log in,upload your cv,and look for a job your interested on,location and time, and send it. it may help you ! good luck

Back