In need of...

Neilcampbell31

Registered
..a free tv.

If anyone has or knows of someone with a free old TV which they no longer use or need - please let me know.

I do not mind collecting!

Please let me know.

Neil

You are not in America anymore. Electronics are not cheap here at all! There is no such thing as a free old tv. You cant go to the goodwill and get one for 10 bucks either.

Dmiller said:
You are not in America anymore. Electronics are not cheap here at all! There is no such thing as a free old tv. You cant go to the goodwill and get one for 10 bucks either.

I was given a 21 inch SONY (Trinitron) TV by another expat. :rolleyes:

PS: It works perfectly and I'm watching it at this very moment. :p

Now I just hope you won't tell us there is no such thing as an Easter Bunny...especially today. :D

I think there is a possiblilty we ate him at lunch. There was a huge variety of meat from the parrilla. :eek:

steveinbsas said:
I was given a 21 inch SONY (Trinitron) TV by another expat. :rolleyes:

PS: It works perfectly and I'm watching it at this very moment. :p

Lol well you are lucky and have lived here for a while. I should have said its not normal to get free electronics here, but i wish you all the luck Neil!

For 300 pesos you may be able to buy this SONY TV: http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-146952939-televisor-sony-triniton-_JM

I'm sure the picture quality in person is much better than in the photo! This TV is very similar to the one I have. I don't see how you can go wrong. Sony's are simply the best (even the old "curved" screen models). The sound quality is amazing as well. This model probably has stereo speakers (like mine).

So far there are no bids and the acution is about to expire. You can probably get it for the base price, but I would bid at least $450. If there are no other bids you will only pay $300. Look at the price list. Base prices for subastas are usually much less than asking fixed pices...often by 50%...and bidders who wait until the last minute often only bid 20 or 30 pesos more than the base.

I found it in this list: http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-146952939-televisor-sony-triniton-_JM

If you don't have a DNI to register with mercadolibre, perhaps anohter expat who lives near you can help (register and bid).

I really hope you can affod to buy this one. If I could, I would buy it for one of my guest bedrooms, but I'm too far away.

Hahaha, sometimes you have great posts here........like the comment "I do not mind collecting"!!!!!!
So folks dont worry if you give away your tv, you dont need to arrange for transport!!!! Hahaha

TERKILD said:
Hahaha, sometimes you have great posts here........like the comment "I do not mind collecting"!!!!!!
So folks dont worry if you give away your tv, you dont need to arrange for transport!!!! Hahaha

He could save himself the air fare from London and just pick up one there.

Back