In search of "natural" "hip" "progressive" "creative" in Argentina

jevalove

Registered
Hola! :)

My boyfriend and I are in our mid thirties and have been living in Montevideo, but alas, we need to see Argentina. We are considering Cordoba as a place to land and cultivate our future.

We are from Boulder, CO and San Francisco in the US. So we're used to living in hip, chic, progressive minded places. We ourselves are into natural organic food, meditation, personal development, global social change, etc.

We are looking for a place in Argentina that is thriving and a magnet for like minded people. We know that BA is awesome, but looking for a bit more slower, safer, natural place.

Ultimately we want to buy a farm and have a self sustainable eco homestead as well.

We would love to open this up to people who have experience living in Argentina - is Cordoba a good place to consider?

We were also looking at being near Mendoza, and Rosario.

Where are the hot spots, the cultural hubs, places of immense natural beauty (and hot springs!) places where you could eat some amazing international food if you were just dying for it, diverse music and nightlife scene, creative pulse, intellectuals, counter culture, access to natural foods, etc.?

We're embarking on a tour of potential cool places to check out from now Oct. 20, 2011 until we find it!

If you have ideas of places we have to see, people we have to meet, things we have to visit, etc. your advice is much appreciated! We would love to meet some friends along the way too!

You should visit El Bolson in Rio Negro. It sounds like it might be what you're looking for.

Capilla del Monte, near Cordoba, is the place for you! Lots of alternative people, meditation centres and it's a site regularly visited by UFO.
I was there last april and loved it, I found it rather special...

San Marcos Sierras, in the Córdoba province. Quiet, beautiful and as hippie as it can get.
Quite far from everything, but that could be good.
They have declared the valley free of transgenic crap.

Back