Indian - Thai food

There will be an Vietnamese/Thai Puerta Cerrada in San Telmo by the end of December.
www.gulapuertacerrada.com

We'll be trying this Indian restaurant in Martinez soon:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g1119990-d3706053-Reviews-Ali_Indian_Restaurant-Martinez_Province_of_Buenos_Aires_Central_Argentina.html

We went there on our wedding day for dinner, as we had walked past the place many times. I am
No expert on Indian food and overall I was NOT impressed. Small portions and weak flavours, but they do always have specials on Fridays and Saturdays, and the restaurant is pretty crowded. For example this Friday and Saturday, lunch and dinner "tenedor libre" for ARS110/person. We went on a regular week night and there were less than 10 guests. Maybe when they make the buffet formula they cook better!

Anyway, I am anxious to read your opinion.

I went to a place once called MASH curryhouse.

A british expat owned the place, really tasty food and he was a really nice chap

defensa 1338

I would second the recommendations on Taj Majal and Tandoor.

I've heard good things about Gran Dabbang on Scalabrini Ortiz but haven't tried it yet.
Gran Dabbang is fusion and small size dishes called tapas. Try to get there before it opens at 8 pm, or around 10 pm. Dont expect a place fancy and elegant.

Does anybody have the details of the indian chef that offers cooking lessons and delivery of indian food?
last year an indian chef was invited to a tv program at cocineros argentinos, the video in available in youtube. Not sure if he is the one you are asking about.

What about Captain Cook, in Martinez? The technique is good and the spicy taste adjusted to this country, with several levels of spicy souce to add.

Back