Industria Argentina , Is There Anything That Doesnt Break?

johnw100

Registered
So having lived in Argentina for a few years i`m wondering if any of expats feel like everything they buy here seems to be worthless tat (apart from the vino).
Even the asian brands that are made here seem to be badly put together using the thinest plastics know to mankind.

Anyway heres my brands to avoid.

Bluesky - cordless kettle doesnt turn off if removed before its finished boiling causing it to evaporate all the water and a fire hazard. (carrefour)
Philco - fridge freezer within 4 months 2 plastic trays split/broken. (carrefour)
Longvie built in oven - thermostat doesnt work, bulb housing broken (fravega)
Domec gas hob - very sharp edges to metal surrounding controls.impossible to clean because knobs dont remove.(fravega)
Black and decker lawn mower - no power cable just a few inches and a socket, supply your own. Handle fixing plastic holder screws wornout(carrefour)
Electrolux vacumn cleaner - shortest cable i`ve ever seen on a vacumn cleaner, probably 3 metres. (musimundo)
Electrolux ceiling fans - bought 4 of them, 3 are making squeaking noises that drive you insane. (fravega)
Aurora washing machine - at night one led illuminates the whole panel making it difficult to work out whats on/off. Washing program dial letters offset to whats printed on the machine making it difficult to set and coming off already. (fravega)

Anything made of melamine/mdf will arrive damaged or will probably fall apart within 6 months.
99% of toys will break within a few hours of use.

Good
Panasonic & Philips TVs (musimundo & fravega)
BGH Microwave (musimundo)
Midas air con (paraguayan)

I`m all for this country having its own manufacturing but if you`re going to prevent the majority of imports and promote your own products at least make something that works and is attractive to customers.

Quality para todos. Avoid a market where the best products survive and innovation flourishes. Great idea Cristina - continue offering shoddy products to your 'people'.

This is happens due to a combination of lack of competition, shadow inflation and lack of favorable climate for investments in improvements of production.

True, shouldve added clothes or fabrics. Thankfully my yearly trip back home to the UK means I get to buy most things there at half the price and better quality.

To me, the cause is plain simple: planned obsolesence. Its a way to stimulate consumption, demand. In other words, it is like that and last so long on purpose. I recommend to google planned obsolesence.

To me, the cause is plain simple: planned obsolesence. Its a way to stimulate consumption, demand. In other words, it is like that and last so long on purpose. I recommend to google planned obsolesence.
Just another benefit of protectionist policies.

Quality para todos. Avoid a market where the best products survive and innovation flourishes. Great idea Cristina - continue offering shoddy products to your 'people'.

Quality para todos :) That should be the strapline to Industria Argentina.
Seriously though, I do feel sorry for the Argentines, most of them know theyre getting screwed over but cant do anything about it. Cristina doesnt care, she gets in her private jet and flies to wherever to pickup decent goods.

And apparently the manufacturers elsewhere in the world forgot this little trick, that only the Argentinian companies seem to remember.

Back