inflation for 2010

Inflacion verdadera is our go-to to get realistic accounting of inflation rates. Sorry, it's not what anybody really wants to hear.

amat said:
does anyone know what the Argentine govt is saying inflation was officially for 2010?

Yes, the Argentine government says-

"Argentinos y Argentinas, The inflation rate for 2010 is OFFICIALLY not nearly as high as our political opponents and our pseudo-friends in North America & Europe say it is... or what those capitalist pigs at Inflacion Verdadera say either. Argentinas y Argentinos...

Oh, and we don't have a gas shortage at the moment and Thursday December 30th is an official bank holiday as of 6:37pm yesterday afternoon. Argentinos y Argentinas."

Unless you are an inflation indexed bondholder, does anyone really care what the government says inflation was? All private estimates I have seen are in the 25-30% range. I believe the last official government figure was around 11% rolling year to date. But, I dont have a source.

Given the history of Latin America and inflation, it is pretty surprising to me that no one seems to think this is planting the seed for a serious crisis in the future...

Whatever the inflation rate is add IVA (21%) to it since they love charging IVA on everything and don´t forget Ingresos Brutos, and a myriad of other stifiling taxes.

I'm not sure about inflation in Argentina, but I know that there is NO inflation whatsoever in EEUU-land. This morning, I reveived a notice from the friendly folk at the Social Security Administration..... "Your Social security benefits are protected against inflation. By law, they increase when there is a rise in the cost of living. The government measures changes in the cost of living through the Dept. of Labor's conumer Price Index (CPI). The CPI has not risen since the last cost-of-living adjustment was determined in 2008. As a result, your benefits will not increase in 2011. Somehow, I m not sure if I believe this. I'm going to write a letter to someone who always tells the truth and would never lie to me; my former Conresswoman.... Dear Mrs. Pelosi,

Calculate taxi cab price increases and you will have a pretty good idea what real inflation has been year to year.

All the honest accountants left INDEC long ago. The Ks and their financial team think they pulled a coup because the rate of interest paid to govt bondholders (replacement bonds negotiated after the 2001 default) is tied to the INDEC inflation figures (about 11% the past year).

Just how much a coup they achieved will be determined when AR goes into the international marketplace to borrow again (when the social security payments begin to fizzle out). AR will be required to pay astronomical interest rates reserved for the dishonest and unreliable.

The real question is how long this can last and what happens when the music stops.

fred mertz said:
I'm not sure about inflation in Argentina, but I know that there is NO inflation whatsoever in EEUU-land. This morning, I reveived a notice from the friendly folk at the Social Security Administration..... "Your Social security benefits are protected against inflation. By law, they increase when there is a rise in the cost of living. The government measures changes in the cost of living through the Dept. of Labor's conumer Price Index (CPI). The CPI has not risen since the last cost-of-living adjustment was determined in 2008. As a result, your benefits will not increase in 2011. Somehow, I m not sure if I believe this. I'm going to write a letter to someone who always tells the truth and would never lie to me; my former Conresswoman.... Dear Mrs. Pelosi,

Become a British Citizen!

From April 2011 the basic state pension will rise each year in line with average earnings, prices or 2.5%; whichever is the greater.

In April 2011 the relevant measure of price inflation will be the retail prices index but in subsequent years it will be the consumer prices index.

(source: BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3197943.stm )

Well, as we already debate in some other thread, inflation is normal in this country:

Bajo_cero2 said:
Well guys, you are green about inflación. This is absolutely normal in this country and this is not big deal. If food raises 20% I raise 20% my fees. And everybody do the same. Unions fights for a salary raise and so on.

When we talk about the danger of inflation we mean hiper inflation:
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiperinflación

The crisis of 1989 the inflation rate was 1.923 % per year.

This country had inflation since 1949, so what????? It is normal.

1948-1974: La tasa promedio de inflación (medida por el entonces denominado Índice de Costo de Vida) fue de aproximadamente un 28% anual, aunque registraba bruscas fluctuaciones. Así por ejemplo en 1958 fue del 31.6 % y en 1959 saltó a un 113.7%, cayendo a un 27.3% en 1960.

As you see, between 28% up to 113% per year it is normal. This is a fact.

1975-1985: desde el “Rodrigazo” (Junio de 1975) hasta el lanzamiento del Plan Austral la inflación en Argentina se manifestó con tasas de crecimiento elevadísimas que superaban los tres dígitos anuales.

1989 hiperinflación.
ab-infla2.gif

As you see, in one month there was a 200% raise in prices. I remember those days when prices raise hour per hour.

You can learn more about inflation here:
http://www.eumed.net/cursecon/ecolat/ar/2005/afb-infla.htm

So, guys, I survived 1989, I insist, you are green, no offense, welcome to Argentina.
Regards

http://baexpats.org/expat-life/12119-ignorance-bliss-3.html

Back