Info On Selling Property

patk

Registered
Just wondering if there is anyone on the list that recently sold their property
in Argentina and who could provide a quick overview of the process - transfers, problems,
etc. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks. Patrick.

Hi Patrick,

I sold 2 properties in the last few months, before the cepo was lifted.. Are you using a real estate agent?

I sold via 2 different real estate agents.
Buyer left a US$5k deposit and the agents forwarded the offer to me.
Once accepted, I signed the contract with the real estate agents, which stated that the sale would be completed within 30 days. If the buyer backs out they loose the deposit, if you back out you have to pay the equivalent of the deposit back to them, plus their original deposit is also returned to them.
Buyer gets to decide on the Escribano, and fees are split, you will end up paying about 40% of the taxes etc. (buyer pays the other 60% that relate to them plus the escribanos fees)
You will need a COTI from AFIP...are you a resident?
Real estate agents fees paid at time of the escritura. (3% + IVA depending on the agent)
You can probably get to choose the location of the escritura, I choose a bank, they normally have a room available for hire to do the escritura (cost vary, I paid AR$300 at one bank and $800 at another).
Try and arrange for a money counting machine, banks probably don't offer the service, I got one from the real estate agents and the other the escribano provided.

I didn't run into any problems but I'm a resident and up to date with my taxes.

Hi Jez,

Thanks so much for the insight and experience. I didn't know all the details. My place is in BsAs. It's being remodeled and will be finished shortly. So,
I'm trying to figure out what step is next (rent or sell), so I haven't acquired an agent at this time. I have a resident status and everything is up to date
but I know to always expect the unexpected.

What do you have and where? There may be someone on this forum seeking to buy.

Back