Inheritance Laws

sergio

Registered
Does anyone have expert knowledge of inheritance law? I know that you cannot avoid leaving your estate to a spouse, children, grandchildren or even parents but what about siblings and other relatives like nephews and nieces? Does your estate go to them if the others don't exist?

Does anyone have expert knowledge of inheritance law? I know that you cannot avoid leaving your estate to a spouse, children, grandchildren or even parents but what about siblings and other relatives like nephews and nieces? Does your estate go to them if the others don't exist?

I asked this question about five years ago. I believe it was the frozen lawyer who said that if you did not have living parents or children you could leave your property to a non-family member.

Does anyone out there know what the new laws state regarding inheritance? Is it even more in favor of family?

the new codigo civil has the updates.

Before the new codigo civil came into force (few months ago) if you had legal inheritants you could write down and give up to one fifth of your assets to someone else. You could write a note with your signature, and after your death the justice would certify the accuracy of your hand writing and signature, or you could go to a escribano.

Back