Ink security tag

BankNote

Registered
I purchased some clothes in my recent trip to US. Now back home in BA, I found I have a "ink security tag" left on one of the jeans.

I saw some you tube videos on how to remove them. But all seem tricky.

Any shop in Palermo/Villa crespo, I could go and get it removed without a hassle? I do have the original receipt.

Many thanks in advance.

Have stores in Buenos Aires started using this kind of tag to discourage theft? I don't think so. What will they come up with next in the USA for security? This is the first time I've seen this contraption watching a video on how to remove it. I see what you mean. It's a hassle to remove.

Take it easy Buddha.

There is nothing political about my post. I live full time in BA and recently returned from a US work trip where I did little bit of shopping. I require suggestions on how I can resolve my situation ( as described) here in BA. And henceforth, the post.

I am happy to report, the problem solved.

I went to a store in street "Guruchaga" called "Akibara" or something. The girl scolded me a bit ( you should check the clothes when buying etc) but removed the alarm in like 5 seconds! She happily kept the ink alarm with her, so it was a fair trade!

Since the early 90's, ink cartridge deterrents have been used by most clothing retailers I've used in England and Canada.

I live in France now where I don't shop very often. I can't recall shops here and in Italy where I tend to shop more using inked tags. Their employees, instead, never take their eyes off you.

I'm glad that 'BankNote' got a BA store to remove the security tag on his jeans. Whereas I always immediately try on clothes again once I bring them home to style them with items in my closet, I can understand a person who's traveling in a foreign city not doing that. I'm glad that the OP had the tag removed by a sorta willing shop in Palermo. Being told off by her was worth it; that's insignificant.

It's not a consumer's job to monitor what the cashier is doing. While he/she is removing such tags, I'm protecting my wallet, cards and my bag that I'm holding with both hands on the counter and the people who are around me in the payment queue.

It's a relief to hear that the OP got a store in Palermo to remove the tag for him.

Pensador,

Saw all the videos, including this one. But did not have the "guts" to do it.

Back