Insurance For Laptops?

nicoenarg

Registered
Anyone know of some good insurance cover for laptops while in "via publica"? Not one of those measly $2000 peso cover ones. Something that would cover most or all of the cost of the computer. This is for the capital.

Never mind folks. Just found out that home insurance covers computers and other equipment if it gets stolen on the street.

I have been with AAA insurance in the US for more than 20 yrs. I'm insured with my Home plus Autos with the marque.
They told me last time I was in one of their branch office taking the pics for my International Driving Permit, that all my belongings
whilst travelling would me covered for theft. I forgot to ask them if it was good and valid just for home travelling or also good
for foreign travels too.?

I have been with AAA insurance in the US for more than 20 yrs. I'm insured with my Home plus Autos with the marque.
They told me last time I was in one of their branch office taking the pics for my International Driving Permit, that all my belongings
whilst travelling would me covered for theft. I forgot to ask them if it was good and valid just for home travelling or also good
for foreign travels too.?

I expect they would require a police report, though. Good luck getting one from the PFA or Bonaerense (the probable thieves).

Please share, then!

Its something called Seguro de Combinado Familar that is insurance cover for your house and the belongings you have within. However, if you want to cover your laptops then its additional cost for value that you cover it for. The insurance covers against robberies of your computer all over the world.

Its something called Seguro de Combinado Familar that is insurance cover for your house and the belongings you have within. However, if you want to cover your laptops then its additional cost for value that you cover it for. The insurance covers against robberies of your computer all over the world.
Good luck!

Good luck!

:) I know stuff is hard here, especially things having to do with the police but having relatives in the police at least makes that side of things easier.

Anyway, I am currently going through the process of getting this insurance, if anyone wants any more details on this let me know.

Our US insurance company (USAA) has covered our ( minus deduction) world wide with and without police report. However, they make it more difficult without the police report.
Our apartment was burglarized here, years ago, our local insurance (HSBC) paid nada, US insurance covered most things. iPad stolen on the plane, covered, jewelry on the street, covered.
Nancy

Our US insurance company (USAA) has covered our ( minus deduction) world wide with and without police report. However, they make it more difficult without the police report.
Our apartment was burglarized here, years ago, our local insurance (HSBC) paid nada, US insurance covered most things. iPad stolen on the plane, covered, jewelry on the street, covered.
Nancy

If you don't mind sharing, why did HSBC not pay anything?

Back