Interested in volunteer work

saracinib

Registered
I've been in BA for 2 months now and have recently had to go to Hospital de Clinicas for a chronic medical condition that I have. I was referred to that hospital thru a friend who's brother-in-law is a doctor, and said that HdeC would be the best place for me. I have trust that the doctors are qualified, but the condition of the hospital was poor, to say the very least. It really started me thinking about what I can do to spread just a little bit of sunshine in a place like that. A place were really sick people are waiting patiently for hours in a dark, dreary and dilapitated hospital. So, I was wondering if anyone had ever done any volunteer work here, and if so, how did you go about getting started?

I have not done volunteer work,but admire you for asking as trying to volunteer is something I am seeking out. Most organizations that I,ve found on the internet make you pay a fee to work with them, even when you are volunteering. That really upsets me. If you hear of anything, please let me know. I want to put my good intentions to use.
Jason - [email protected]

Hello people!
IF you are REALLY interested in volunteer check ths out:
http://clasificados.lanacion.com.ar/SolidariosRespuesta.asp
Newspaper La Nacion has a special supl. that comes out on Thursday. Check it out!
Also, Fundacion Felices los Niños (kids taken form the streets)needs people to volunteer. www.feliceslosninos.org
I dont know who asked you for money in order to volunteer. I would denounce them in a letter to any newspaper, you know? You can also go to any Catholic Church, (dont need to be Catholic, just want to help!) they sometimes need people in Caritas just to clasify donations or they have groups that goes out at night to feed the Cartoneros (this is called "Noches de la Caridad"="Charity Nights").
I hope this will help on your needs.
Take care and Thanks for helping to help! Yours, Babu.

"saracinib" said:
I've been in BA for 2 months now and have recently had to go to Hospital de Clinicas for a chronic medical condition that I have.  I was referred to that hospital thru a friend who's brother-in-law is a doctor, and said that HdeC would be the best place for me.    I have trust that the doctors are qualified, but the condition of the hospital was poor, to say the very least.  It really started me thinking about what I can do to spread just a little bit of sunshine in a place like that.  A place were really sick people are waiting patiently for hours in a dark, dreary and dilapitated hospital.  So, I was wondering if anyone had ever done any volunteer work here, and if so, how did you go about getting started?
I know of a non-profit that is always looking for volunteers and if you are bilingual or a native English speaker that is a plus. In Argentina Reading is Fundamental exists here as Fundacion Leer. You can go to their website and check it out www.leer.org.ar You would be helping a great cause here in Argentina.

Good luck!

Back