International Medical Insurance

Ruth Graves

Registered
Medical insurance. I have Cigna international insurance. Do the hospitals here accept international insurance? Any advice about this topic.

Medical insurance. I have Cigna international insurance. Do the hospitals here accept international insurance? Any advice about this topic.
Yes the good ones do. I know the Hospital Aleman accepts Cigna. Search on Cigna's website they should have that info.

I had a Cigna insurance plan in the past. It was the worst insurance I have ever had. I can't remember all the specifics but start with the deductible. If you have say a $2000 deductible on your insurance...you are self-insuring.....if you can't afford to self insure in Argentina....maybe coming here is a bad idea. Anyone from the U.S. might check out the Berkshire Hathaway travel plans in combination with self-insurance......Cigna sucks.(I am over 65)

more......I don't have Medicare Advantage anymore. If I did it would cost me easily $3000-$3500 per year+out of pocket maybe another $4000....the deductible etc etc. Two years of that=$7000,,,,3 years $10,000. (A new head in Buenos Aires costs about $8000 including a really cute face) The Berkshire plan covers any emergency and other things....100% ....no deductible...my age ....76...cost per month about $90. Read your Cigna coverage carefully....not as I did.

We have been looking into this-Allianz is 1200 for 3 months -2 people 66 and 69- covering trip costs, covid , etc

We have been looking into this-Allianz is 1200 for 3 months -2 people 66 and 69- covering trip costs, covid , etc
[/QUOTEI think this is a ripoff...I think Berkshire is about $360 for the two of you...includes Covid....3 months. The money you save you can take me out for dinner.....in Mexico City.

Hospital Italiano takes CIGNA, and AETNA as well. A permission letter from the insurer is required for each procedure.

Back