International Pet Transport Services

Meri

Registered
Hi all,
Anyone have any recent experience with an international pet transport agent out of BsAs (for transporting a dog from EZE to JFK)? I know of one just looking for other potential options.
Thx

Why not just transport the dog yourself? It's not that difficult....you just have to get the proper paperwork, which you will have to do anyway. The airlines won't fly your dog if the temperatures are an issue (over 85 degrees at any stop). I looked at one of those transport agencies years ago, and I think the cost was about five times the amount it ultimately cost me to fly my dog in cargo (on Delta one way, and LAN the other). Plus, you don't have to worry about someone else flaking out on you when you're traveling.

Totally love the idea of handling it myself but I thought I read that a 3rd party agent is now required??

Totally love the idea of handling it myself but I thought I read that a 3rd party agent is now required??

What pet are we talking about?! Never heard about the 3rd party agent for cats, dogs and the likes.

I also remember reading that a 3rd party agent was now required, but unfortunately cannot find that info now.

I couldn't find the information about needing an agent either but I'm sure I'd heard it more than once. It's all so confusing. Thank you for the recommendation to Latam - I will contact them in my research as well!

Maybe you need an agent if you will not be flying on the same flights. If you are checking him as cargo on the same plane as yourself then you don't? That would make sense.

Here are all the Argentine requirements: http://www.senasa.gov.ar/contenido.php?to=n&in=739&io=5187

I did not see a notice about requiring 3rd parties to do it, but I may have missed something.

Back