Internet Verification Code Issues

marcopolo

Registered
my cell number is an 8 digit number starting with 11. Microsoft wants to send me an sms verification code to enhance my security settings
There are two windows on the page. One is a drop down country list (no phone codes). The other is a window for entering the cell number.I have tried several times now without any luck.

Does anyone know how I should enter my cell number correctly.

For calls to mobile AR phones from outside of Argentina you have to: first put the country code 54, then insert a 9 before the city code (drop the "15"then put the city code, which for BA is 11) then continue with the remaining 8 digits. In other words "54-9-city code-your 8 digit number (cell number without the 15) hope this helps!

my cell number is an 8 digit number starting with 11. Microsoft wants to send me an sms verification code to enhance my security settings
There are two windows on the page. One is a drop down country list (no phone codes). The other is a window for entering the cell number.I have tried several times now without any luck.

Does anyone know how I should enter my cell number correctly.

Talked to the B of A on the same issue as well as M Soft and Citicard on verification Codes, chated with Citicard rep and he indicated that the system is not equiped to send codes overseas...!! What La Coqueta suggested may work

for google it's no problem, haven't tried with others, as La Coqueta says put in 54911 then your last 8 numbers

It's an Argentina thing. The battle between land lines and the cell folks. And the way charges are allocated to the recipient. Thus the 15 entered the equation for in country and then the 9 because incoming international couldn't deal with 15.

For calls to mobile AR phones from outside of Argentina you have to: first put the country code 54, then insert a 9 before the city code (drop the "15"then put the city code, which for BA is 11) then continue with the remaining 8 digits. In other words "54-9-city code-your 8 digit number (cell number without the 15) hope this helps!

While this is correct, it is not the whole story for verification codes. I used this format in several situations, and it worked ONCE. But after that it didn't work again - ie verification texts just didn't arrive. Which is a disaster if you are using your cel for verification in critical situations (eg banking or lost passwords). I now avoid the problem by saying I have no cel and using the landline option (if there is one) to receive a computer generated call or provide another email address if that option is possible.

The cel situation in Argentina is a bit like the money situation - very difficult for outsiders to imagine our problems.

Good luck,
La Fleur

Back