interviews with US citizens living in Buenos Aires

em618

Registered
Hi everyone!

I’m researching U.S. citizens living in Buenos Aires (myself included) for my master’s thesis in international immigration (at UBA). If you're a US citizen that has been living in Buenos Aires for at least 1 year, and would be interested in being interviewed about why you moved to BA, what it's like to live here, etc. please let me know! All information you share with me can be totally anonymous of course.

The interview should take about an hour or two. We could meet for coffee or drinks (on me of course!) at a time and place convenient for you.

If you are interested, please send me a message and let me know.
Thanks!

Emily Miller
(originally from Vermont, living in Buenos Aires since 2008)

i´d be very interested in the interview. I´m originally from CT, with a degree in letters from Westfield State University in Mass, received in 2010 (true new england yankee!)

My only issue is that i´ve only been here a little over 3 months, but I see no prospect of me leaving anytime in the near future--or possibly ever--and am mostly dissatisfied with life in Buenos Aires. I´m just roaming around with a notebook with thoughts similiar to those of a proverbial masochistic existentialist..

If it helps..i spent a year in Lima, Peru first, returned to New England for 6 months, and then was irrationally pulled here.

Let me know if you´re interested. Best of luck.

comicerrant1 said:
i´d be very interested in the interview. I´m originally from CT, with a degree in letters from Westfield State University in Mass, received in 2010 (true new england yankee!)

My only issue is that i´ve only been here a little over 3 months, but I see no prospect of me leaving anytime in the near future--or possibly ever--and am mostly dissatisfied with life in Buenos Aires. I´m just roaming around with a notebook with thoughts similiar to those of a proverbial masochistic existentialist..

If it helps..i spent a year in Lima, Peru first, returned to New England for 6 months, and then was irrationally pulled here.

Let me know if you´re interested. Best of luck.

Well, that seems like a rather unfortunate predicament! Why can't you leave?

i'm a dual citizen and live half a year in BA and rest in Maryland. my college degree is from UBA and my masters from GWU. i am here with free time right now but i return to MD in a couple of weeks. You can email me at [email protected] if interested.

I would be up for being interviewed, and would also love to ask you about your masters program! Send me a private message and we can set it up.

what if i am an argie, that moved to the US.....for a decade....became a Us citizen.....and decided to come back To ARgentina?

Thanks for the replies!
To clarify a couple things: I'd like to interview US citizens that were born and raised in the States and that have moved to the city of Buenos Aires during the last decade (the time period of the study is the year 2001 until present).
Thanks to everyone for their interest!

hey everyone- I'm still looking for a few more people to interview for my thesis on Americans living in Buenos Aires, so let me know if you're up for going for coffee and telling me your story!

Hi there, I've lived in Buenos Aires for 5 years now, born and raised in New York City. It's funny because I feel so part of the local scene here since I have very little contact with expats outside of this board, I live with my Argentine partner, and I work with all Argentines. If you are interesed in interviewing me we can set up a mutually convenient time. Saluditos

Sure. PM me if you need more people. I'm a US citizen and have been here since 2006. Living here permanantly, pretty embedded into BsAs life like a Porteño.

Back