Intro

GFWTRES

Registered
Ex Pats,

INTROS are asked by this site, and I want to comply.

I arrive in May and stay only through August, am 55 and have been on sabbatical in BA in 2006 so have a fair sense of the city, but few friends. Would like to primarily speak Spanish, and to socialize in a manner appropriate for a 55 year old guy.

Like the art scene in BA, Notorious...that great Jazz Club if it still exists, opportunities for conversation, cultural engagment, sites, sounds, good eats.

My partner arrives mid-June. He is Nicaraguan and fluent in Spanish.

Have no idea if I'll fit in anywhere. Or if, after his arrival, we'll fit in anywhere. We're both Episcopalians, but understand the Anglican Church in Argentina doesn't like gay folk, so I guess that's out.

Not really sure what I'm doing on this site, though, as independent as I am, understand life in general and improved Spanish in particular, aren't going to occur wandering alone.

Best!
gfwtres

Hope you enjoy the city as before. If you would like to meet up with my partner and I during your stay I would be happy to hear from you.

Hi and welcome!

I am also an academic and you sound like a fun one :) feel free to email me and we can get together sometime. You can personal message me by going to my name. You might want to allow to pm you too.

Love jazz and I might know some other people for you to meet. Keep in mind next coming Friday night drinks that meet people of all ages and backgrounds

Monica :D

The Notorius jazz club, cafe and CD store is still thriving, been remodeled, same location.
The Thelonius jazz club is also great - so you have some things to get started with.

Back