Investor visa

ventanilla

Registered
I have a friend who wants to move to Argentina but I'm not sure if any visa category covers him. He works independently online and asked if he could possibly get an investor visa for moving his 1 man business to Argentina, registering it here, and 'investing' that way? Or does the 'investment' need to involve something physical and tangible rather than just importing money into the country for the business?

Unfortunately, just importing money into the country for your friend to live on would not constitute an acceptable investment for the investor visa.

The funds would have to be used for a business purpose which is "approved" by migraciones, and working independently is not going to be on the approved list.

You can tell your friend that an investor visa would require an investment of many thousands of dollars as well paying thousands more in fees to the government and.accountants to set up a real business in Argentina.

Your friend would also be required to hire Argentines to work in the business, and, if and when.the.business was up and running, your friend would likely have to make a never ending stream of.payments.to officials for other, previously "unknown fees" in order to stay in business.

(All based on previous posts by members in the forum.)

Hello everyone! I want to buy property to get temporary visa(Inversionista). What is the lower limit for this? I read it as 150000 dollars in some sources. Does anyone have experience with this?

Hello everyone! I want to buy property to get temporary visa(Inversionista). What is the lower limit for this? I read it as 150000 dollars in some sources. Does anyone have experience with this?
Unfortunately, buying property (residential or commercial) would not meet the requirement for an investor visa.

If I understand correctly, regardless of the amount, perhaps still only $1.500.000 pesos? (the required legal amount will always be "stated" in pesos), you would actually have to set up and run a business in Argentina and hire Argentines to work in the business.

Good luck with that. 🤠

Last edited:
Back