iPhone 3GS in BsAs?

Illinoisjoe

Registered
Hi all, sorry for any redundancy, but the technology changes so fast, I feel the need to ask again:
I'll be in BsAs this thursday with a used iPhone 3GS I just got. It is locked by AT&T here in the states. Will I be able to use it at all with my Personal SIM card? or should I bring my old "dumb" phone?
my phone has the latest iOS: 5.0.1 (9A405). I am willing to jailbreak it, do whatever crazy thing I need to do to fight the power, but I don't think I have any options since the OS is so new :(

Another thought: I am a "go phone" customer in the State with AT&T. What happens if I try to use my US sim card in BsAs?
Thanks in advance!

Your iPhone will not work.Upgrading to IOS 5 ditched you even further from being unlocked . Now your option would be changing the baseband to iPad 06.15.00 permanently ( you'll likely to lose gps capabilities and more) after that you can use ultrasn0w to unlock after TETHER jailbreak Only. Means everytime you turn it off completly you have to conect it to a computer to boot.:(
Go-phone seems to have roaming in Mexico only. Buy a factory unlock iphone on ebay if you want zero problems,ATT doens't unlock customers iPhones ever.

I was afraid of that, but thanks for the definitive answer. I got the phone for free, and it came with iOS 5, so I can't complain too much. Experiences like this aren't convincing me I should invest in future apply products though...or ever sign up for a contract with ATT.

$99 iPhone 4 on Sprint and will be unlocked for international roaming , far better than 3gs

The $99 iPhone 4 will NOT work outside the US, as it is a CDMA-only phone.

The $199-and-up iPhone 4S will work, but does not work automatically; you must ask Sprint to unlock it, which they will do if you are a customer in good standing for 90 days.

Ben, is right is $199 and initially Sprint supposedly released it unlocked, otherwise will unlock it for account on good standings , 90 days? may be...

Back