iPhone 4, it works!

Hoags

Registered
Thought i would post that my iPhone 4 is up and running. For those of you thinking of brining one in.
I got mine from NZ unlocked. I understand the US phones are different.

I am using a Personal chip with and 18 month contract, unlimited internet and calls blah blah.
So far the internet has been unreliable but at least the phone is working!
I tried cutting down my prepago Personal chip but it didnt work, a guy in a Claro store cut down a Claro chip and it didnt work. (iPhone 4 uses a MicroSIM, smaller than standard SIMs)
Finally got a Personal Black MicroSIM and it seems to work ok. You can buy them only at the store on Callo y Sante Fe. The bloke we dealt with was surprisingly helpful.
Good luck.

Thanks to both of you for the useful info. I've been told I can't unlock my phone because it is "too new" and they haven't figured out how to do it yet. Will try this link!
@Hoags- how did you get a contract??? Thought you had to have an DNI?

I went to Personal with my Portena gf and we put the contract in her name. We only did that because I forgot my passport though, didn't realize it was an issue.
We went all over town to many different places, many said it wasn't possible, when in fact they didn't know. Once your phone is unlocked you should be able to get a chip from Personal.
Suerte

ameliamcg said:
Thanks to both of you for the useful info. I've been told I can't unlock my phone because it is "too new" and they haven't figured out how to do it yet. Will try this link!
@Hoags- how did you get a contract??? Thought you had to have an DNI?

It depends on what software you have on your iphone. If you don't upgrade your sw for a month or two (using itunes) the website I provided should be able to hack it.

Back