Iphone App To Automatically Switch Between Languages?

Girino

Registered
I have 4 keyboards installed on my iPhone, including the Emoji one.

Every time I start typing, rest assured it is the wrong keyboard. I suppose there is a sort of rule on which keyboard is shown by default, but I wonder if there isn't a way for the iPhone to recognize what language I am typing into. E.g. If I start typing HELLO it should switch to English, if HOLA it should switch to Spanish, etc.

If I am on the wrong keyboard and I want to type THANKS it returns THOMAS. Pretty annoying!

The keyboard you used last should be the current one, if you want to switch just tap the globe. I'm sure they could make it recognize the language but with short text and all the slang/abbreviations and mixed languages people use in text messages it would be challenging.

I am using the globe, but in the emoji keyboard it is moved one space left, so at a certain point if you keep tapping, nothing happens. (I.e. You have to move your finger left).

I am surprised that such a simple thing was overlooked!

It's an apple issue that's been there since they introduced multi keyboards. I also iMessage in multiple languages and have to remember to switch the keyboard for each particular conversation before the auto-correct takes over. It's annoying, and also surprising that apple hash't added a simple fix like saving the keyboard preference for each individual iMessage conversation and a method for other messaging apps to do the same.

I don't think there's a 3rd party app out there for this, since apps cannot access other apps data, so they would not know what keyboard you intended for the other app (or view within the app). Maybe if enough people request this they will add this on a future update http://www.apple.com...ack/iphone.html

Back