Iphone Through Ezeiza Customs?

FloriaTosca

Registered
I'm taking a quick trip to the US and back to Argentina, and was wondering about going through customs after arriving in Ezeiza. I purchased a used Iphone in BA, but I know that apple products are kind of "frowned upon" here. Would they give me trouble for trying to enter the country with an iphone? I'm a US citizen and I have no formal residency in Argentina.

None. I would take it out of the box, install your apps and pics, and bring it on through. Zero problem.

I'm taking a quick trip to the US and back to Argentina, and was wondering about going through customs after arriving in Ezeiza. I purchased a used Iphone in BA, but I know that apple products are kind of "frowned upon" here. Would they give me trouble for trying to enter the country with an iphone? I'm a US citizen and I have no formal residency in Argentina.

Every day 1000s of people walk through customs in ezieza with iphones. It's not an issue.

Can confirm it's a non-issue, brought mine in (which I'm still trying to sell if anyone is interested) and just kept it in my pocket the whole time, no questions asked.

I took this photo in EZE with an iPhone.

1234254_10152225446917538_584911501_n.jpg

You can make sure that you will not have an issue with bringing the Iphone back into the country by declaring it with AFIP at the airport before you leave the country. They will give you a piece of paper that will be proof that you purchased the item before you left the country. Just give yourself some extra time as that line can be long and slow.

You would only have an issue bringing multiple iPhones in. It's not like they don't allow people to own iPhones they just don't want you bringing them in to sell.

I see they now have an x-ray machine at Ezeiza with an Apple sign above it, it flashes and alarm bells ring if you carry an Apple product through. They take it off you and then stamp on it like a cucaracha.

Dont worry, I brought 2 ipads late last year in , not a problem. Just remove it from the original box.

Can confirm it's a non-issue, brought mine in (which I'm still trying to sell if anyone is interested) and just kept it in my pocket the whole time, no questions asked.

Sorry, I'm sure you have mentioned previously but i cannot remember. What model is it and what's your asking price? You can PM me or take the opportunity to get the details out there again by replying here.

Currently surviing with a blackberry but it is driving me nuts.

I went through Ezeiza customs three times this year. They told me they're only looking for iPhone 5. If you have any doubt, just declare it before leaving Argentina. You fill out a form with the model number, they give you a receipt and when you come back you just show it if they ask. It takes only five or ten minutes.

Back