Iphone Use In Eeuu

chris

Registered
Is there some way i can use my iphone in the US for local calls, wassap etc without incurring costs to my plan in Argentina?

Is there some way i can use my iphone in the US for local calls, wassap etc without incurring costs to my plan in Argentina?
if it is factory unlocked, get a prepaid SIM card in the US ( 35 usd +/- ) http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2414494,00.asp

Yes, get a local sim.

I sell US SIM's, roughly at the price nikad indicated.
You pick up the SIM here, pop it into your phone during the flight and by the time you land you're good to go.
PM me for details.

Bump.

I'm out of SIM's for the moment but expect to have more soon.
  • Up to a month service.
  • Unlimited calls to USA and various other countries incl. most European countries and Argentina[sup]1[/sup].
  • Unlimited text worldwide.
  • Data cap depends on cost of plan:
    • $35 gets you all of the abouve and 3 GB of data;
    • $45 gets you 8GB;
    • $55 gets you 10 GB[sup]2[/sup].
  • Pick up the SIM here, change SIM cards while on the plane, when you land your phone just works[sup]3[/sup].
Fine print:

1. Free intl. usually to landlines only. From what I hear, quality on the free intl. calls is usually OK but not necessarily great.
2. If you go over your limit, you still have Internet, but it gets slowed down to 2G speeds.
3. In some cases (particularly iPhones), for Internet to work you need to download an APN profile. For that, you'll need wifi.
If you need any help you can always get in touch with me and we solve it.
This is only for Internet: voice and text work with no extra steps necessary.

Just buy a sim and get it activated at the airport. They even have vending machines at airports, or they will have a little stand when you get there. Take out your Argentine SIM, put in new SIM. Usually for about $40 you can get 4 to 8 GB of data for 1 month.

Just buy a sim and get it activated at the airport. They even have vending machines at airports, or they will have a little stand when you get there. Take out your Argentine SIM, put in new SIM. Usually for about $40 you can get 4 to 8 GB of data for 1 month.

I have flown many a time into New York airports - often with connections in other major hubs first - and searched in vain for the vendors or vending machines you describe. And ached to have a working phone - not roaming or wifi - without leaving the airport.

You're getting the same or better deal here - and your phone works before getting off the plane. I'm offering exactly the deal I've always been dying to pay for.

If you prefer roaming the airport in search of a vendor - or a vending machine - be my guest.

Last time I traveled abroad I got this message from personal when I landed

"Con el Pasaporte de datos small tenés 1GB por mes en países limitrofes y EEUU a solo $35 +imp mensuales. Activalo llamando al *111"

That's a fairly good deal and they just added it on to the next bill.

Last time I traveled abroad I got this message from personal when I landed

"Con el Pasaporte de datos small tenés 1GB por mes en países limitrofes y EEUU a solo $35 +imp mensuales. Activalo llamando al *111"

That's a fairly good deal and they just added it on to the next bill.

That is indeed a very good deal. Particularly if you text a lot and they make some allowances for texting as well.
Also very smart - if you leave the SIM in the phone there is a high chance that in some moment you'll make a phone call and then they get you.

BTW I forgot to add that if I sold you the ticket, you'll be paying $10 less for the SIM. And we already have new SIM cards here.

That is indeed a very good deal. Particularly if you text a lot and they make some allowances for texting as well.
Also very smart - if you leave the SIM in the phone there is a high chance that in some moment you'll make a phone call and then they get you.

Doesn't include texts which are charged at US$0.25. But since I use iMessage mostly it wasn't an issue.

For calls I bought a 'pack' for $95 (pesos) which gave me 100 minutes in US which was more than I used. You can buy as many of those packs as you want but make sure you always have one activated since if you go over its USD 1.60 /min.

I think for longer trips where you expect to do a lot of calling a local sim makes sense. For shorter trips, roaming has gotten a heck of a lot cheaper and is now probably worth it to not having to swap sims and keeping your same number.

Back