Is Airbnb the best place search a couple of months rental?

Prices on airbnb have gotten a lot better recently. When you consider the lack of bills and internet, you are usually barely paying more than you would otherwise. There's some properties on there right now for example, 2 bedroom apartments well located in caba for 600 to 800 usd a month, that's pretty good prices. Unlike a normal rental contract, you can also cancel it month to month very easily through airbnb rather than going through all the legal troubles associated with a normal contract.

It's kind of sad that a website provides a better experience for tenants than actually renting normally does, but that's unfortunately not something unique to Argentina.

AirBnB has the most options but I prefer vrbo/Homeaway. The search function is easier to use, the overall quality of properties is higher, and I’ve rented with them in over a dozen countries and all over the US (even in the boonies) without a single scam or problem. I often see listings on AirBnB where it looks like someone is moving out of their apartment so you can move in.

AirBnB has the most options but I prefer vrbo/Homeaway. The search function is easier to use, the overall quality of properties is higher, and I’ve rented with them in over a dozen countries and all over the US (even in the boonies) without a single scam or problem. I often see listings on AirBnB where it looks like someone is moving out of their apartment so you can move in.

I'd disagree that the overall properties are of higher quality on VRBO/Homeaway because virtually EVERY single property on VRBO or Homeaway is also on Airbnb. Really no one can match Airbnb for # of properties and quality. You can just put SuperHost on the filter and you'll only get really premium properties with owners that have a great track record. That's what I do when I travel around the world and use Airbnb and never had any problems.

Airbnb has pushed on demand type pricing with property owners where it will allow owners instead of listing a normal price to allow Airbnb to change price based on demand. That's caused prices overall to go down for owners that opt into that. But their occupancy rates typically are higher so you still make more money. Win for the rental guests.

I'd disagree that the overall properties are of higher quality on VRBO/Homeaway because virtually EVERY single property on VRBO or Homeaway is also on Airbnb. Really no one can match Airbnb for # of properties and quality. You can just put SuperHost on the filter and you'll only get really premium properties with owners that have a great track record. That's what I do when I travel around the world and use Airbnb and never had any problems.

Airbnb has pushed on demand type pricing with property owners where it will allow owners instead of listing a normal price to allow Airbnb to change price based on demand. That's caused prices overall to go down for owners that opt into that. But their occupancy rates typically are higher so you still make more money. Win for the rental guests.

Hasn't been my experience, but maybe it's just a difference of where and what we are looking for. I agree that if you want a ton of options and your main consideration is price, Airbnb is the place to look. I've just found that you have to dig through a lot of crap to get that gem place. I've had nothing but great experiences with VRBO and Homeaway as both a guest and a host.

Same listings on Airbnb are based on pesos but listed in dollars? , sometimes listings go down in Dollars as peso devalues . Later on they get readjusted..?
Questions:
  • Airbnb debits your CC the entire amount of the stay, in advance, when you book a property?
  • Is it Ok lo lose the entire amount of your booking if you cancel with less than a weeks notice ?.As opposed to hotels that debit one night to your CC?

Last edited:
yes, you pay in advance when you book an airbnb.

airbnb cancellation rates depend on the renter. some have strict policies, some are more lenient. you have to read the agreement for each place.

Back