Is anyone else having serious trouble with Telecentro right now.

PhilipDT

Registered
At both my house and my girlfriends apartment telecentro is driving me up the ****#&($@*& wall. Half the internet works fine, quick normal, the other half, including the itunes store just simply doesn't work. Anyone else? Ideas?

Are you running a firewall or VPN? They often block the protocols that iTunes uses.

sleslie23 said:
Are you running a firewall or VPN? They often block the protocols that iTunes uses.
Neither, and this is new, and not just itunes, a bunch of seemingly random unconnected websites.

PhilipDT said:
At both my house and my girlfriends apartment telecentro is driving me up the ****#&($@*& wall. Half the internet works fine, quick normal, the other half, including the itunes store just simply doesn't work. Anyone else? Ideas?

Yup, got a similar problem. Random websites. Started dealing with it a week or so ago (maybe more). Don't know what it is. I have decided to forget about it and just think of it as an "expected since I am in Argentina" problem.

I think this is the way the internet is set up here, the amount of hops to the site you are connecting to and where traffic is routed via, and whether that server is in arg/south america or not.
I have problems with skype or remotely connecting to my servers in NZ from here, but in colombia and ecuador, or in europe i dont have these problems.

You just have to look at the way they setup the modems, and dhcp etc, it drives me crazy. Just little things like connecting a wireless router isnt easy here.

We are experiencing the same problem... a tech was suppose to come to our house on Monday, but did not make it. They had to reschedule for Thursday. The tested the connection and for some reason all of the signal is not being received by the router...

I was going to say the same thing as eggsyntax. Using the google dns servers fixed these problems for me.

And the google DNS servers ips are:

And you can just add them as backups so if the telcos DNS servers cant be found your computer/router will lookup googles.

davonz said:
I think this is the way the internet is set up here, the amount of hops to the site you are connecting to and where traffic is routed via, and whether that server is in arg/south america or not.
I have problems with skype or remotely connecting to my servers in NZ from here, but in colombia and ecuador, or in europe i dont have these problems.

You just have to look at the way they setup the modems, and dhcp etc, it drives me crazy. Just little things like connecting a wireless router isnt easy here.

i think 99% of all argentine traffic is routed up the east coast through uruguay and brazil so at peak usage times in brazil the connection here seems to be so slow to sites like youtube etc.

colombia and ecuador are only a couple of "hops" away from the us so they will always be faster.

What got me was i traced the route of the traffic from here to a server in chile and noticed the traffic went all the way to the states before coming back down the west coast. I would have thought it would make sense to connect argentina with chile, to speed up connections between the two countries and have a backup to the world if brazil ever decided to disconnect the fibers to here...

Back