Is anyone having fun in BsAs?

chris

Registered
Is it all doom and gloom or is anyone actually having a good time in BA?

If you have money BA is your oyster. Cafes and restaurants are packed. Still half the population is living in poverty.

Plus theaters and movie houses packed, living of the fat of the land..!

Just arrived last week. It’s back to normal with face masks, or even busier than before the pandemic actually. Restaurants are packed, some which take no reservations have 40-60 minute waitlists. I’m surprised at how many new places there are in Palermo, San Telmo and San Isidro. Most people who are going out are Argentine, I’ve seen some foreigners but not many.

I always have fun here. I have not found restaurants packed- most things seem to me to be about half full. Sidewalks are emptier, shorter lines in stores. There are events and music, most people are masked outdoors, and indoors except when eating.

I always have fun here. I have not found restaurants packed- most things seem to me to be about half full. Sidewalks are emptier, shorter lines in stores. There are events and music, most people are masked outdoors, and indoors except when eating.
The continued adherence to masking is really interesting. After the adverse PASO result, the government declared the pandemic over and more or less wanted everyone to feel so good about its pandemic management that they could now almost burn their masks. But most people here in CABA didn't buy that nonsense and even now, two months later, in quite warm weather, most people are indeed still masked up. A really really interesting phenomenon.

Back