Is It Legal/proper To Have A Plagpole?

Tilda

Registered
Hi,
In Sweden many older houses have flagpoles, a remnant from when the government was trying to build the national story and encouraged it.

I have been thinking about having a flagpole raised at my house, but since you don't see it here in Argentina I am hesitant. Is it even legal?

Does anyone know?

Thanks.

I have been thinking about having a flagpole raised at my house, but since you don't see it here in Argentina I am hesitant. Is it even legal?

I don't think I've ever seen an Argentine flag on a pole at a private residence, but some houses do have them draped in a window or over a railing.on a balcony.

I don't think I've ever seen an Argentine flag on a pole at a private residence, but some houses do have them draped in a window or over a railing.on a balcony.

I'm sure there's an official national flag protocol in Argentina, as there is in other countries (raise at dawn, lower at dusk, never let it touch the ground, etc.) I've seen flags in businesses, don't remember if I've seen them in residences, but no one seems to care about protocol: wherever it's hung, it stays there and is usually tattered and dirty.

If anyone takes the subject seriously it isn't evident.

In our building, the building regulations state it is forbidden to display any kind of flag except for the national flag. However, in Capital I see plenty of windows displaying the Brazilian flag used as a curtain (so not outside, technically)

Not sure about a private residences - you might want to check with your local authority.

A "Pragpole?" I'm going to have to ask Esteban.

Yeah, but she didn't say "Pragapole."

Tilda, this is a strange typo. How did you hit the "p" (upper right) while intending the "f" (lower middle)?

At first I didn't get Fred's comment, until I went and looked at the title. I have no idea how that happened... All I can say is that I'm typing on a tablet and maybe autocorrect in a different language is involved.

Maybe I'll go for a flag "stick" on the side of my house, as is also quite common in Sweden, it's less invasive, a smaller size flag.

In Argentina having a flagpole in your yard or at the entrance of your residence is associated with being an official gov' office, i don't know if there's a written law about it, but culturally it is understood that way, as far as flying a foreign flag in Argentina must be flown with the Argentine flag on a different pole and lower in height of the Argentine flag,most multinationals do it this way, one taller pole in the middle with the Argentine flag, and a lower pole on the side with the foreign flag and in some cases also a third pole with the company's flag.Or fly the gadsden flag lol nobody knows thatone ;)

Back