Is Koreatown "open" On Sunday?

lucha54

Registered
Does anyone know of the shops and restaurants in Barrio Coreano are open on Sundays or is it a bit more on the side of ghost town?

Relatively is it safe? I had heard that it was in a not so good area but not sure how much of that is true for if you just need to exercise caution.

I'm taking the car so we'll stay in the "zone". Probably not safe to walk at night but we wanna go check it out mid-day.

It is a block far from one Villa miseria, favela.
Just don t go at nigh. Don t show off. On Sundays midday it is full of koreans who go to church, then it is safe.

I just talk with my wife, we are going tomorrow 12 o clock. If somebody needs a guide, is welcome to meet US.
The restaurant we are going to go (at 12, later they are full from korean who come from church) cost about 170 per person. It is on balbastro, 30 mts before Carabobo.

maybe a silly question, but where's this Korea-town? What can you find there?

maybe a silly question, but where's this Korea-town? What can you find there?

There are two Korea Towns. The Original Korea town is located near calle [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Carabobo that is on the south side of Rivadavia. If you want to live on the wild side you can catch collectivo 132 to get there from Microcenter. When I went there last year around 12 noon on a Monday it was pretty empty and the locals were not so friendly. There were a number of young latino males just sitting around doing nothing.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]The new Korea town is located on the north side of [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Rivadavia in the Avellaneda shopping district. The Korean grocery stores and restaurants that I saw were on Moron between Campana and Nazca. Collectivo 124 goes through that part of the city and is full of people during shopping hours. The Koreans running the grocery stores were very helpful.[/background]

Back