Is Puerto Madera safe to walk around at night?

Fiscal

Registered
As part of my test run of Argentina, I will be working out of my company's offices in Puerto Madera on Av. Eduardo Madero. I'd like to rent an AirBnB walking distance to the office. Is the area generally safe to walk around at night alone with a laptop bag?

As part of my test run of Argentina, I will be working out of my company's offices in Puerto Madera on Av. Eduardo Madero. I'd like to rent an AirBnB walking distance to the office. Is the area generally safe to walk around at night alone with a laptop bag?
It's as safe as Ft Lauderdale, Miami Beach or NY City. These days, anything can happen anywhere. I've been in Argentina the better part of the last 7 years and feel safer here than in Ft Lauderdale, where my house is.

you'll be fine. just be aware of your surroundings as you always should be. puerto madero is probably as safe a place as there is in BA. that said, i probably wouldn't walk around at 3am with a laptop but that would be the case in any city.

Ft. Lauderdale and NY City are not even in the same league in terms of crime.The data is from 2006. Crime rates in NYC have dropped even further since then.

Capture.PNG

The only true tested accurate figure is whether you've been mugged. I lived in Philadelphia, PA for many years and was robbed, at gunpoint, at 6pm on a weekday in Rittenhouse Square, the "supposedly" most secure area in the city. Just don't walk in BS AS waiving your cellphone nor count money in the open.

Puerto Madero is totally safe day or night. You won't have any problems at all. It's easily the safest part of Buenos Aires due to the all the police there. Thieves don't like to steal things in Puerto Madero because there are limited ways to exit and most of those exits have police at the end of them vs. other areas and parts of the city where there are an unlimited routes to escape.

No need to worry about Puerto Madero at all.

Are there accurate figures for BA?

sergio, NO even if there were figures released, they certainly wouldn't be accurate. So I've had hundreds of employees in Buenos Aires and inevitably many of them have experienced crime (mostly cellphones stolen). Not one reported it to the police because they know nothing can be done. The vast majority of people that experience crime (especially locals) don't report it to the police so the numbers would be severely artificially under reported.

Vs. the USA or other areas if you got something stolen you'd report for a number of different reasons

Puerto Madero is totally safe day or night. You won't have any problems at all. It's easily the safest part of Buenos Aires due to the all the police there. Thieves don't like to steal things in Puerto Madero because there are limited ways to exit and most of those exits have police at the end of them vs. other areas and parts of the city where there are an unlimited routes to escape.

No need to worry about Puerto Madero at all.

sergio, NO even if there were figures released, they certainly wouldn't be accurate. So I've had hundreds of employees in Buenos Aires and inevitably many of them have experienced crime (mostly cellphones stolen). Not one reported it to the police because they know nothing can be done. The vast majority of people that experience crime (especially locals) don't report it to the police so the numbers would be severely artificially under reported.

When you report a theft to your barrio police all you are doing is telling the police what they can find and keep for themselves, sell on or use to extort the 'thief' - they know who the 'bad' elements are in the barrio so they know where to look.

Back