Is Rosario Underated ?

Fiscal - Which cities or towns have you visited in Argentina that you've enjoyed or found to be beautiful?

I've only been in Rosario for a few days and found it to be enjoyable enough. Nothing that made me want to go back, but not particularly objectionable.

Its funny how different people see different things- I have been meaning to make a trip to Rosario for some time, specifically because of the architecture- it has a lot of really good Art Noveau, and Art Deco buildings. And the Parque de la Independencia was designed by the great landscape architect Carlos Thays- I am always up to see his projects.
The architecture school there is quite well regarded, and its easier for a young architect to get jobs there designing new houses, so the more modern stuff is interesting to me too.
I was once on a flight from BA to Dallas with Gerardo Caballero, who teaches there and practices as well, and I would love to see some of his buildings, including the Edificio Guemes, and a groovy bicycle store he designed.

Fiscal - Which cities or towns have you visited in Argentina that you've enjoyed or found to be beautiful?

I've only been in Rosario for a few days and found it to be enjoyable enough. Nothing that made me want to go back, but not particularly objectionable.

I love Buenos Aires although I complain a lot about it, and the small towns in Cordoba have a nice charm to them when not filled with tourists.

I've also spent a lot of time in a tiny pueblo that is a carbon copy of the little town in Ciudadano Illustre. Hated it.

Rosario has a few architecturally significant buildings, most of which are not maintained well. But the vast majority are decaying, stained rectangular blocks that look like smaller versions of what you find in a Paris ghetto. There are obviously some neglected, architectural gems amidst this mess but it seems clear developers opted to infill and densify the area with cheap 10 floor boxy apartment buildings. Of course current urban planning in US cities deserves similar criticism, but my point is, I don't find Rosario architecturally interesting on the whole.

Rosario is imho a great outdoors city with very attractive green spaces and a beautiful river coastline . It seems much more cleaner than Buenos Aires.

Last edited:
My favourite city of Argentina after Baires is Salta.

I really dislike Rosario, Cordoba.

Yet to see Bariloche, Iguazu or Mendoza

Reactions: Api
Just go there and make your own assessment. If you do a road trip to places North of BA there's a good chance you need to pass through there anyway. Who cares what other people think.

Back