Is The Global Entry System Worth Joining?

jeff1234

Registered
The new Global Entry System is being deployed at major US airports. Flight attendants will no longer hand out the I94 Immigration Arrival Forms during flights originating abroad. American Citizens will have the option to enroll in the Global Entry System which will enable them to scan their passports at airport kiosks and bypass the immigration officer stations.
In addition to applying online for the Global Entry System, US Citizens will be required to pay $100 and be interviewed at one of the Global Entry Enrollment Centers.
Waiting on line for the Immigration Officer to inspect my passport has been annoying, especially after an overnight flight, but even if a passenger bypasses this station the next stop is to wait for baggage to arrive.
I guess if you haven't checked bags its a good deal but I'm wondering if its worth it for most of us who check bags and will have to schedule interviews on one of our trips to the USA? Maybe it depends on how often you fly into the USA.

It's like Nexus -- the system that already exists for exactly the same process for Americans and Canadians travelling between those two countries. If you travel frequently, it's great to have, if it's once a year, it might not be worth it to you.

Best thing ever especially if you are doing US trips more than 4 times a year!

With out a doubt, the best thing since sliced bread: Global Entry. Do not leave home without it. Through immigration in about 3 minutes.

As the US descends further into a fascist state focused on the interminable War on Terror, this certification will be invaluable. It could save you a cavity search just because you looked at a closeted TSA guy cross eyed. Especially at DFW where the hillbilly TSA boys will have you squealing like a pig at a drop of a hat.

best thing since sliced bread if you travel back to the US frequently

Saudi Arabia, the nation which produced 15 of the 19 hijackers in the 9/11 attacks, is about to become one of a handful of countries whose travelers can bypass normal passport controls at major U.S. airports. Sources tell the Investigative Project on Terrorism (IPT) that this will mark the first time that the Saudi government will have a direct role in vetting who is eligible for getting fast-tracked for entry into the United States.
http://www.investigativeproject.org/3947/special-travel-benefit-for-saudis-a-slap-in

In order to keep the interminable "War on Terror" going you need terror acts to occur periodically. Is it any wonder that the FBI ignored warnings from the Russia government that the Boston Bombers might be Jihadists. War on Terror incorporated meats the Military Industrial Complex. Lots of good jobs at DHS.

The K regime is simple incompetence and greed - this on the other hand is pure evil.

I know that Joe is joking in his post, but be reminded that Global Entry is just that - entry. It doesn't help at all with the TSA, it gets you through immigration quickly.

Also be advised that if you have had ANY encounters with the US judicial for misdemeanors greater than Class B, you will probably be denied - it only costs $100 to find out.

I know that Joe is joking in his post, but be reminded that Global Entry is just that - entry. It doesn't help at all with the TSA, it gets you through immigration quickly.

Also be advised that if you have had ANY encounters with the US judicial for misdemeanors greater than Class B, you will probably be denied - it only costs $100 to find out.
Well Yes and No. The Immigration Yahoos have the ability to tag your passport so that the TSA hillbillies can give you extra grief up to and including some extra probing.

Also as far as being accepted into the program, the so-called "Perma-Tourists" can forget it because they can be denied for immigration violations in ANY country. So unless you are a Perma-Tourist (and not from The Kingdom) you can best forget it and prepare to spread your cheeks.

In this scene from Deliverance these two Hillbillies are now working as a team at DFW, the guy with the knife works at passport control and the guy with the gun at TSA. At the very end of the clip, there is a smile you never want to see as you hand your passport to the TSA Customs good ole boy:

Back