Is there any volunteer work in Buenos Aires

stephanie106

Registered
Hi,

I am living and studying Spanish in Buenos Aires right now and I have a lot of free time on my hands. I would love to do some volunteer work (free). Are there any good recommendations?

Thanks!

last week we did a corporate event with habitat for humanity. i'm sure they would love volunteers!

http://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/desarrollohumanoyhabitat/fortalecimientodelasociedadcivil/voluntariado

goals

Promote citizen participation through social volunteering in the area of the City of Buenos Aires, facilitating and ensuring volunteer opportunities for all people.
Promote the creation of Volunteer Centers within the institutions of the Government of the City of Buenos Aires.
Encourage and strengthen the work of civil society organizations in voluntary management.
Promote networking among both volunteers and civil society organizations that work with social volunteering.
Recognize the value of volunteering in the contribution to the recomposition of the social fabric.
Generate, through volunteering, a social commitment that leads us to build a more just and equitable society in the framework of a culture of solidarity.

Monthly training on volunteering: we provide introductory training on the first Thursday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the meeting room of the Ministry of Human Development and Habitat - Mexico 1661, first floor. The activity is open to the community and is aimed at all people interested in volunteering. It is the first requirement to begin volunteering the program. Through this meeting, you will be able to know all the social projects of which you can be a part and adapt better to your possibilities of helping.

Click SUMATE at the bottom of the page and sign up.

Last edited:
http://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/desarrollohumanoyhabitat/fortalecimientodelasociedadcivil/voluntariado

goals

Promote citizen participation through social volunteering in the area of the City of Buenos Aires, facilitating and ensuring volunteer opportunities for all people.
Promote the creation of Volunteer Centers within the institutions of the Government of the City of Buenos Aires.
Encourage and strengthen the work of civil society organizations in voluntary management.
Promote networking among both volunteers and civil society organizations that work with social volunteering.
Recognize the value of volunteering in the contribution to the recomposition of the social fabric.
Generate, through volunteering, a social commitment that leads us to build a more just and equitable society in the framework of a culture of solidarity.

Monthly training on volunteering: we provide introductory training on the first Thursday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the meeting room of the Ministry of Human Development and Habitat - Mexico 1661, first floor. The activity is open to the community and is aimed at all people interested in volunteering. It is the first requirement to begin volunteering the program. Through this meeting, you will be able to know all the social projects of which you can be a part and adapt better to your possibilities of helping.

Click SUMATE at the bottom of the page and sign up.
Hello - do you accept children as volunteers to work in your schools? My kids and I have volunteered in many Spanish speaking classrooms in Peru and Columbia - we will be in Argentina summer 2019 and are looking for a school / organization to volunteer.

Back